Forums Latest Members
  1. ranib Jan 16, 2018

Hi,

Do you think a dial and bezel replacement for 910 Flightmaster is a complicated job?

I recently bought a nice Flightmaster and I want to replace the dial and bezel with original NOS parts.

I do not have an Omega service at the place I'm living, but I do have a "regular" watchmaker with a lot of experience who told me he can do the job.

Do you think it is a job that a "regular" watchmaker can do? I know it is not involved with the caliber, and I can't wait weeks now to send it to Omega.

The watch was fully served in Omega 2 years ago, all is working perfectly, just want to do the replacement above.

What do you think?

Thanks!

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 16, 2018

Has this watchmaker worked on a Flightmaster before? Although it's not a terribly complicated movement, there are some do's and dont's that you need to be aware of even when doing something simple like a dial and hands replacement.

It's more about what not to do at certain times actually, so if they haven't worked on one before, I would ask them to do some research first.

Cheers, Al