Forums Latest Members

Flightmaster bracelet alternative - Can a 1171 be used?

1. Mods I'm not really an ΩF mod but I play one on TV May 27, 2019

Hi
    I have a flightmaster and have now tried the original and a later replacement of the bracelets that were made for it, however even with all of the links removed they are too big for my wrist. Due to the taper, I can’t bury the excess links into the clasp as they are too wide.

Does anyone know if a 1171 an be used and if so what end links should be used?

I have no issue with flat link bracelets and am hoping the 1171 won’t present the same issues for me.

Thanks in advance

Bill

2. pascs May 27, 2019

The flightmaster needs 22mm straight end links and the 1171 are only 20mm and normally also the wrong style of end link.

Most of the bracelets have one long side and one short side, the long being around 9 links and the short around 6 links. It could be possible to find another short side and replace the long side, thus having 2 short sides which would considerable reduce the length.

Would be good to post a picture of the bracelet and the type (1162?)

I always have the opposite problem with bracelets and need all the extra links as i have big wrists.

3. hanky6 May 27, 2019

Hi @Mods
    I have the same issue with the original bracelet, cannot size it to fit my wrist.
    Bought a cheap mesh from Ebay, but not polished and shiny but instead a brushed/mat finish that I think goes pretty well with the case finish.
    79B6B610-4879-4453-BC55-E7488B576281.jpeg 6A30E54A-C71E-4568-82A2-9808CA20AE04.jpeg

Please post if you find a nice alternative bracelet that fits the style of the Flightmaster.

4. Mods I'm not really an ΩF mod but I play one on TV May 30, 2019

@pascs
    Thanks for your reply.
    Below is a photo of the bracelet - 1162 / 11
    I have another one that I will dig out, but it’s the same issue.
    It looks like the smallest number of links on one side is 8.
    I will try and see if swapping one side would work but they seem pretty similar in length.
    Thanks again for your response.

@hanky6 thanks for the suggestion and photos, as that’s an option I hadn’t considered.