Forums Latest Auctions Members

Flat link - Forstner or Uncle Seiko?

1. Socks

Socks Jun 30, 2020 9:00am

There is a lot of anticipation on here (I'm included) as to the forthcoming release of Forstners & Uncle Seiko's Flatlink bracelet. I don't think either will disappoint but interested to know which way others are leaning. As a UK chappie I'm loosely thinking Forstner only because as I understand it you can only buy the Uncle Seiko version from the US site and the possible delays in shipping to the UK. Also, Forstner looks to have some 'elasticated' links which seem a nice touch. I'm assuming both will have brushed & polished, 19mm & 20mm options. I don't think either will have a job shifting them. Supply may be another issue, assuming both will release at about the same time.

Looking forward to it!

2. Capt Cave Man

Capt Cave Man Jun 30, 2020 9:12am

Yep, I've been checking all their sites regularly, .com and .co.uk waiting for the flatlinks to drop.

I'm in the same boat as yourself being UK based, that and I already own a straight end Forstner bracelet so perhaps biased :D

Pazzo likes this.
  3. Donn Chambers

Donn Chambers Jul 2, 2020 7:39am

I’m in the US and the Uncle Seiko flat-link should be available by mid-July, so that’s the one I’m getting. I don’t think we know when the Forstner version will be available. Once it comes out, I may get one of them, too!

4. Pazzo

Pazzo Jul 2, 2020 10:13pm

Deep down, I don't wish to end up with two of the same type but knowing myself well ...

All brushed or partly polished....all brushed or partly...... ?

Edited Jul 2, 2020 10:19pm
  5. Socks

Socks Jul 3, 2020 3:50am

Judging by the interest it may be a struggle getting hold of just one.

6. Socks

Socks Jul 3, 2020 5:49pm

Uncle Seikos have hit the website. Sod it! I've ordered one. Now for the wait...

7. JwRosenthal

JwRosenthal Jul 3, 2020 6:14pm

Just ordered mine!

8. BatDad

BatDad Jul 3, 2020 6:25pm

Order is in. 20mm - brushed / polished.

Am very excited to see this one.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  9. looselywound

looselywound Jul 3, 2020 9:03pm

Ordered mine! (all brushed).

10. take57

take57 Jul 3, 2020 9:35pm

Thanks for letting us know the product has gone live. Oddly, I had a hunch it would be soon because the Speedmaster product page had some slight differences earlier in the day.

In for an all brushed.