Fixed lug ?

Posts
671
Likes
677
Just wandering if these lugs can be unattached to change straps?
I’m just curious how these red straps got in there apart from the possibility that it was sewn when in place.
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,878
Is that a screw on one side of the lug?

I suspect the pin unscrews and the two piece lugs (split at the red marks) can be pulled out either side from the strap.

 
Posts
3,645
Likes
7,748
There should be a screw which goes through and holds the bow where the strap goes through. If you remove this screw you can take the swivel lug apart and remove the strap.

While I was typing Jim was faster...😀
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,878
There should be a screw which goes through and holds the bow where the strap goes through. If you remove this screw you can take the swivel lug apart and remove the strap.

While I was typing Jim was faster...😀



I'll have to start using my alfoil cap again 😉.
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,878
If the lug/bar on the strap is one piece you will need to cut the strap off.
The replacement strap must be one designed for solid or closed lugs/bars.