Forums Latest Members

Five Year Time Travel: If you could sample a watch company, which would it be?

1. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Apr 20, 2015

If you could step into a time machine, jump five years into the future, and look at/buy the offerings of a single watch company, which would you choose? How about 20 years? What company is heading in a direction you like?

I'm liking the way Nomos is heading - so I'd probably choose them. What about you guys?

pcdubc likes this.
  2. NT931 Apr 20, 2015

JLC for me - they've been putting out lovely watches for a long time, and I can see them producing a lovely 100th anniversary edition of the Reverso come 2031

pcdubc and epl108 like this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 20, 2015

Apple - though maybe they're not a watch company.. ;)

My breadth is narrow, really only Omega experience at this point. I would like to see where they are in a few years though with the Master Coax++.

4. lwong Apr 20, 2015

I started on vintage Omega five years ago, and by now I'm pretty sure I'll be a vintage Omega fan for life. So even if I disagree with some of the directions their contemporary ranges take, it's still undoubtedly Omega for me because I'll always be curious as to how the company carries on.

noelekal likes this.
  5. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Apr 20, 2015

"I'm liking the way Nomos is heading"
    This +1

pcdubc likes this.
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 20, 2015

If I'm jumping into the future, I'm looking at lottery numbers or stock performance, not watches...

Alpha and Darlinboy like this.
  7. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2015

I wouldn't mind stepping into the past and buying up loads of "new" watches and taking them back with me to the present...Other than Nomos, I'm not terribly interested in new watches, in general.

Darlinboy likes this.