Forums Latest Members
  1. ethan_23 Mar 21, 2021

Hi all.. new here and looking for some advice. I have an Omega Planet Ocean GMT and recently got the crocodile leather strap for it. In preparation I got the Bergeron 6767 tool and managed to get the bracket off no bother. However, lockdown has taken its toll and the leather strap is too small (I was told there was only one size!). So diet depending, the steel needs to go back on until the leather fits. However, I can’t seem to get the steel bracelet back on! Any tips/ videos on how to do it?? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. SkunkPrince Mar 22, 2021

Make sure you have the correct spring bars. Shorter bars are used on the bracelet than on the strap.

3. ethan_23 Mar 22, 2021

I only have the bars that the original bracket came attached with. Should Goldsmiths have also provided bars for the leather strap? Helpful for when I can finally fit the strap!

4. SkunkPrince Mar 22, 2021

If you have the original bars for the bracelet, it should just go on. Lay it in from the back, conpress one end of the bar until it drops in, and then compress the other, and it should just go.

5. Dan S Mar 22, 2021

It can be difficult to work with modern tight fitting end-links since there is little angular play. It may require some practice and experience.

6. Evitzee Mar 22, 2021

If you bought the leather strap separately they wouldn't have supplied longer bars as a matter of course, they normally wouldn't think about it. If you had known longer bars were needed you could have mentioned it at time of purchase. But you can ask them at this point, they might cough up two Omega spring bars for the strap.