Fitting BoR Bracelet to 1954 Constellation

Hello - This is a new arena for me and I'm looking for some assurance/guidance on fitting the right size beads of rice bracelet to my vintage Omega Constellation. Reference #2852-5 SC. I was told this bracelet will fit my model. Can anyone confirm and/or provide insight into how or how not? I'd like to know before I purchase. Pictures attached. Thank you!

Are there more photos of the inside clasp- should have some numbers identifying the bracelet- also photos of backside of endlinks should have numbers- then you can look it up
But more importantly, the top endlink in your photo looks badly damaged and bent- I would pass on that basis alone.
FWIW I think your watch looks better on the nice leather strap anyways!

That bracelet was not designed for that Constellation. It’s at least ten years newer.
I’m sure it could be adapted to fit, but the styles don’t really align and it won’t be ‘correct’

I do not believe a ref 2852 would be from 1954 either, and not a Pie Pan and not an original dial, if that was important to you.

Welcome

That bracelet was designed for later 60s De Ville styled cases with straight lugs

There are some serious issues with the dial.

There are some serious issues with the dial.
The dial is original but was refinished. The lighting in the picture is a bit off. Are there notable concerns you can see from your end that I am missing?

The dial is original but was refinished. The lighting in the picture is a bit off. Are there notable concerns you can see from your end that I am missing?
Yes, the dial has been refinished. But if that's not a problem for you, then good luck with the sale. I thought it was important for you to know before purchase. For most of OF a refinished dial is a no go.

Yes, the dial has been refinished. But if that's not a problem for you, then good luck with the sale. I thought it was important for you to know before purchase. For most of OF a refinished dial is a no go.
Gotcha, thanks - I was just curious if that bracelet would fit this model. Appreciate the insight!

I think it is unclear whether you already own the watch or considering buying it, or just the bracelet. Some of the comments are meant to advise you on the watch itself- if you already own it and know its a redial, not to worry- it is an attractive watch and you should wear and enjoy it! Have you opened it and checked the inside of caseback for reference, and the serial number on movement and movement caliber number- those things help further assess the watch itself- if that would be helpful to you. I believe the 2852 was introduced in 1956 rather than 1954.

Keep in mind there are issues that may be important to a collector, but not so much to a non-collector such as whether the dial is refinished. You can show this watch to 100 people and probably 0-1 will be able to tell the difference. The 0-1 folks are likely on OF!

If you want to go all in and learn all about Constellations this is a great place to go:
http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/

These Constellations from the 50's were generally sold on a leather strap, but buyers could order a bracelet if they wished at point of sale. Here is Desmonds guide to bracelets:
http://omega-constellation-collecto.../omega-constellation-accessories-1952-75.html

and his guide to Beads of Rice bracelets:
http://omega-constellation-collecto...11/view-beads-of-rice-on-ebay-with-grain.html

Anyway welcome to OF tremendous group of really knowledgeable and helpful folks- you have already heard from some of the top Omega collectors (not me) who frequent the forums

No shortcuts in this world- research is key- and asking lots of questions before buying always helps, assuming you get hooked in like us!

I think it is unclear whether you already own the watch or considering buying it, or just the bracelet. Some of the comments are meant to advise you on the watch itself- if you already own it and know its a redial, not to worry- it is an attractive watch and you should wear and enjoy it! Have you opened it and checked the inside of caseback for reference, and the serial number on movement and movement caliber number- those things help further assess the watch itself- if that would be helpful to you. I believe the 2852 was introduced in 1956 rather than 1954.

Keep in mind there are issues that may be important to a collector, but not so much to a non-collector such as whether the dial is refinished. You can show this watch to 100 people and probably 0-1 will be able to tell the difference. The 0-1 folks are likely on OF!

If you want to go all in and learn all about Constellations this is a great place to go:
http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/

These Constellations from the 50's were generally sold on a leather strap, but buyers could order a bracelet if they wished at point of sale. Here is Desmonds guide to bracelets:
http://omega-constellation-collecto.../omega-constellation-accessories-1952-75.html

and his guide to Beads of Rice bracelets:
http://omega-constellation-collecto...11/view-beads-of-rice-on-ebay-with-grain.html

Anyway welcome to OF tremendous group of really knowledgeable and helpful folks- you have already heard from some of the top Omega collectors (not me) who frequent the forums

No shortcuts in this world- research is key- and asking lots of questions before buying always helps, assuming you get hooked in like us!
Great stuff, much appreciated! I do own the watch already and was hoping to find a BoR bracelet that could fit this. The photos of the caseback say 2852-5 SC.

We hear and see this a lot. To be clear, saying a dial is original but refinished is a contradiction. It’s either original or refinished and refinished torpedoes the collector value

We hear and see this a lot. To be clear, saying a dial is original but refinished is a contradiction. It’s either original or refinished and refinished torpedoes the collector value
Makes total sense - thank you. Question... if this has "premium two-tone silver restoration on original dial" is that something that with consistent/regular wear will develop "new" patina again over time or does a restored dial remove the possibility of future patina?

Very much appreciated everyone's thoughts here.

Humidity, light etc will also cause this refurbished dial to age. But if it’s handled appropriately (for what it is, an old watch without any water resistance), that’ll still likely take decades.

Given all this great new insight I was unaware of, what is an estimated sale value on this piece?

All "original", just obviously the refinished dial. Curious what this group's take on that is. "Unpolished 14k gold Observatory logo on back. Premium two-tone silver restoration on original dial with cross hairs has original applied large gold dagger hour markers and original gold dagger hands. New Swiss made optical grade acrylic crystal, new gasket and original signed Omega crown"

Any insight would be great, maybe it's worth selling (at a small loss) then getting something untouched/fully original. Thoughts?

This is a very educated group of enthusiasts!

Given all this great new insight I was unaware of, what is an estimated sale value on this piece?
To answer this question you should send pictures of the inside and more pictures of the watch.

If you would sell this to a novice with full disclosure you would probably get between eur 500-1000. But it's always hard to say. I've sold a nice similar refinished connie with full disclosure for around eur 600. But I've told every potential buyer that it's hard to appreciate a non original dial.

By the way, it's not a premium restoration. In my book a premium restoration is a dial that collectors can not see it was refinished. Sometimes we see this on OF.