Fitting 1861 Bracelet on 3861 Speedmaster

Has anyone tried fitting the old 1861 bracelet on the new 3861 Speedmaster?

I am a fan of the older bracelet and am wondering if it will fit on my new speedy

I am a fan of the older bracelet and am wondering if it will fit on my new speedy
Why? I would do the opposite.

I did it and I'm glad I did. Coughed up the cash for the adjustable clasp and now have the perfect watch for me. I disliked the feminine taper of the new bracelet. End links aren't perfectly aligned to the case but I'd put them at about 95%, which doesn't bother me one bit.

I did it and I'm glad I did. Coughed up the cash for the adjustable clasp and now have the perfect watch for me. I disliked the feminine taper of the new bracelet. End links aren't perfectly aligned to the case but I'd put them at about 95%, which doesn't bother me one bit.

What spring bars did you use? Ive read on several post that people have to order skinnier spring bars to get a good fit.

What spring bars did you use? Ive read on several post that people have to order skinnier spring bars to get a good fit.
I ordered 068ST2207 1.8mm spring bars and I've got a real good fit with these. Again it makes my end links roughly 95% flush with the case. I really don't notice/care about the 5%. I absolutely love the look and the feel.

I ordered 068ST2207 1.8mm spring bars and I've got a real good fit with these. Again it makes my end links roughly 95% flush with the case. I really don't notice/care about the 5%. I absolutely love the look and the feel.

Excuse me if I sound dumb lol. So you ordered special spring bars from Omega to fit the bracelet? Cause if so i would be super interested lol.

I just ordered 1.6mm spring bars because another poster said this was the correct size needed to do this modification

Excuse me if I sound dumb lol. So you ordered special spring bars from Omega to fit the bracelet? Cause if so i would be super interested lol.

1.8mm is what was recommended to me. Fits like a glove. To clarify, this is to match the old 1861 bracelet on the new 3861 case. Just so we're on the same page. I'm no expert, but I don't see why a thinner bar would make much difference. Either way, I'm happy with my spring bars.

I just ordered 1.6mm spring bars because another poster said this was the correct size needed to do this modification