Forums Latest Members
  1. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jun 20, 2015

I turn 30 next week and decided some months back that I wanted my first Speedy as a birthday present from me to myself. Of course a birthyear if possible. After looking around for a bit and not finding anything from 85, @Kringkily offered a nice one advertised as being from 1986, which I decided to go for (a toddler-year watch you might say), because I wanted one before my birthday. Then the hunt for a birthyear could continue later. While waiting for the watch I ordered an extract from Omega because the dating charts are known not to be exact to the year every time.

And as luck would have it, it turned out to actually be from 1985 and not 86. Surely a nice surprise, which just made me want it even more. And today I finally got it after flying to London to meet @DLT222, who was kind enough to bring it over from the states. Can't thank you enough Darren and a great pleasure to meet you! It is guys like that, which makes this forum so special and a real pleasure to be a part of :). And of course thanks to George for the watch. I'm happy as a camper!

So here it is, my first Speedy. After half a day on the wrist... Wauw, we belong together ::love::::love::

image.jpg image.jpg

2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 20, 2015

Pleasure to meet you and chat watches and obviously a pleasure to deliver it!

It's always nice to help other members out uniting them with a piece they want.

Wear in good health!

D

3. persco Jun 20, 2015

Nice! Congratulations. And very nice of @DLT222 to bring it over for you.

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  4. michaelmc Jun 20, 2015

Wear in good health. Ton of good will on this forum. m

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  5. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 20, 2015

Great watch, great story behind it! Congratulations!

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 20, 2015

Happy Birthday! Nice watch, great present.

Darren is awesome.

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  7. Sterling Jun 20, 2015

Great story and great watch. I have a birth year Speedmaster myself and it does make it a bit more special.

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  8. tictictictoc Jun 21, 2015

That's awesome Togri... a BIG congrats. I share a similar sentiment as @Kringkily was responsible for uniting me with my long lusted after 69 that I received just a week ago! Enjoy! MySpeeedy_69_01.jpg

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  9. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jun 21, 2015

Thanks! Yes that sure is a nice one. Next Speedy for me, whenever that will be, is going to be a pre-moon as well. Love the stepped dial :) But the 85 is never going anywhere but my wrist ::love::