First post...let's start a conversation

Hello all!

I am excited to be a part of a new community! Wanted to introduce myself. I have been a watch fanatic for a large part of my life. I began becoming active on another forum many many years ago and decided that it was time to expand my horizons and see what another community is like. I hope to learn a lot from all of you and hopefully contribute in whatever way I can to the community. Always positive, of course.

Let's start with a conversation:

Today marked yet another release of an integrated bracelet/luxury sports watch, the Christopher Ward "The Twelve."

I'd like to hear what the community thinks about this trend. Is it beginning to dwindle? Is it only growing in popularity? And how do we feel about integrated bracelet/luxury sports watches that don't have a history or are based on an original design from the past? Is this a form of opportunism to jump on the band wagon or just good design?

Hope to hear some great responses. Happy to be here.

Today marked yet another release of an integrated bracelet/luxury sports watch, the Christopher Ward "The Twelve."

I'd like to hear what the community thinks about this trend. Is it beginning to dwindle? Is it only growing in popularity? And how do we feel about integrated bracelet/luxury sports watches that don't have a history or are based on an original design from the past? Is this a form of opportunism to jump on the band wagon or just good design?
I feel like I just stepped into a Christopher Ward focus group.

;)
Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome
I only have one integrated bracelet/watch.

I’d say that is plenty for me.

Definitely not a fan of this example.

I feel like I just stepped into a Christopher Ward focus group.

Welcome to the forum.

didn’t think about that. But the convo is meant to be about integrated bracelet watches in general. Just so happens they’re the latest brand to release one. Thank you for the welcome!

New Fella Introduction + Chris Ward as an opener... I feel like I'm on a blind date that ends at Olive Garden.

;-)

Welcome aboard, glad you're here.

Welcome! I haven’t put much thought into the matter but I’m a bracelet guy and like the look of a lot of integrated bracelets. I think it’s good that companies are offering options that don’t cost an arm and a leg. That being said, not a single integrated bracelet watch is on my want to buy list.

Welcome to the forum! If you like the watch, would wear it, and plan to keep it, I would buy it. It is all up to your own tastes, and I wouldn't worry about the trends. However, I would not buy this watch expecting to get my money back when I sell it.

It reminds me of the Concord my father wore in the 80’s- I gave it to my brother when I inherited it. I’ve had a couple vintage omega’s with integrated bracelets and they are cool watches and I get the concept they were going for in 1969, but I see the CW as a fashion piece meant to appeal to the 80’s nostalgia that’s happening right now- not a fan.

Welcome to the ΩF - I Like your watch with IB for sure but I like your avatar more :D

"If you're going through hell, keep going..." WLSC

Welcome!

Nice watch, but I have to much fun swapping bracelets and straps to get a watch with an integrated bracelet. I think of cheap watches from the 70´s and 80´s when i see integrated bracelet, as I had one in the 70´s my selves. I do not think of GG`s designs for luxury brands, and that wouldn't made it any better as I am not a fan. So no thank you.

New Fella Introduction + Chris Ward as an opener... I feel like I'm on a blind date that ends at Olive Garden.

;-)

Welcome aboard, glad you're here.

IT SAID UNLIMITED BREADSTICKS

A integrated bracelet = Straight away No for me
(10 years from now when they don’t have parts for the bracelet it’s going to be 40% off a new watch…..Ask me how I know this :whistling:)

AP or PP is a different story ;)

First integrated bracelet and last of the copper in house movements. I like it but not many others do from what I’ve read.

Welcome to the Forum @wsoto002 !

An interesting discussion topic. Naturally, I've shied away from watches with integrated straps/bracelets, mainly because I have a hard time getting an acceptably comfortable fit from any strap or bracelet. For example, I have a drawer full of OEM straps with deployant clasps, which I cannot wear due to discomfort. If I were to take the plunge with a watch with an integrated bracelet, I'd probably go low-cost (in case things didn't work out comfort-wise) and consider something like the Tissot PRX Powermatic.

Toughest part being an Influencer is keeping track of all the usernames and passwords and documenting your "influence" to your overlords........:coffee:

All those integrated bracelet watches being offered now fra “affordable” brands, Yema, ML, CW, Nivada, Straum etc, for every release my interest drops another level.

The only integrated bracelet watch I really like is one really hard to get in Denmark: The Citizen

412AD927-07D0-46F7-9708-285F1646A60B.png
Photo from Monochrome Watches

Welcome! I saw that CW release and tried to like it but it's just not for me. If I was going to get an integrated bracelet watch of a modern variety it would be the Tissot PRX. Cheaper than the CW and it's at least a reissue from their back catalogue.

I'd really like to get a British watch at some point but struggling to find the value when you can get really decent vintage watches for similar, or cheaper, prices.

A integrated bracelet = Straight away No for me
(10 years from now when they don’t have parts for the bracelet it’s going to be 40% off a new watch…..Ask me how I know this :whistling:)

AP or PP is a different story ;)
+1…I do like the CW watch …Welcome.