Forums Latest Members
  1. 97jayhawk Dec 3, 2013

Hello everyone,
    First post here, I've been lurking for a few months. I'd like to get your input on this watch - '65 Seamaster ( Ebay linkPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network) - too much polish? redial? frankenwatch? I am so new here, I don't know much. I'm looking for this style of watch, prefer Omega and Zenith, any recommendations would be welcomed.

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 3, 2013

Welcome.

Too much polish, too much price.

Would be OK at $350 bur certainly NOT $750.

3. Daniel B Dec 3, 2013

Hello and Welcome :)

I'm new here myself so wait for the more experienced members to chip in.

My thoughts:
    -what's up with the "Swiss made" at 6 o'clock marker ? Looks a little strange to me, wait for the others on this one.

I would recommend the Watches for sale section and Recommended Vintage Omega Watches On Ebay (not Inquiries) thread here on the forum.

Speaking from a little experience , the best thing to have when hunting down vintage watches is patience :)

good luck

4. Mothra Dec 3, 2013

97jayhawk doesn't need any more luck - he just scored half a dozen free watches!

5. 97jayhawk Dec 3, 2013

Lurking/stalking every page of this site... it's all the same. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my collection starter kit - thanks to Noisy Nova!

Steve

Mothra likes this.
  6. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 3, 2013

Like your avatar, better than I do the Jayhawk. Go MIZZOU !!

Here's my ride:

photo.jpg

7. 97jayhawk Dec 3, 2013

Nice Jeep - and I like the Uncle Buck avatar - I don't need to tell you what I think of Mizzou, you already know. ;)

UncleBuck likes this.
  8. Mothra Dec 4, 2013

ok, sounds like you are making your own luck...

9. Interstatetime Dec 4, 2013

Buying a first watch is difficult. If you ask questions about a specific watch you will get good and maybe not so good advice and you will alert others to your prey. Pick a watch you really like and learn every nerdy thing you can about it. Find one that looks right and hopefully one that you can hold in your hand first. Buy it. Expect to make some little or not so little mistakes that you will learn from. The second watch will be easier. Soon you will be a mulit-watch nerd....and hopefully not a mulit-frankenwatch nerd.

Best,

JCote

LouS and 97jayhawk like this.
  10. 97jayhawk Dec 4, 2013

I appreciate the advice. It seems to me there is a common theme here, patience. Ugh... that's going take some work for me.

11. Noisy Nova Dec 4, 2013

97, you are now totally screwed.

Being a watch idiot is an addiction from which there is no cure.

The mantra is, more, more, more. :D

12. ulackfocus Dec 4, 2013

John R Smith likes this.