Forums Latest Members

First PO, question about the bezel

1. Exarkun12 Feb 5, 2015

Hi all,

Longtime lurker, finally got my PO8500 last week!

I only joined the omega bandwagon this year, and I'm really impressed so far!

I have a question about the bezel rotation on the PO 8500. I tried searching on the forums but couldn't quite find an answer so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I noticed that the bezel has a slight clockwise play, i.e it can turn clockwise very slightly (maybe 0.1mm). It's really small, but noticeable as I can feel the bezel move.

Is this normal or my OCD acting up :p is the bezel supposed to be 100% rock solid with no play whatsoever in the clockwise direction? The bezel in general has nice solid clicks and is not loose at all..

Many thanks in advance! I'll try and upload some photos :)

2. cuts33 Feb 5, 2015

If you live near an Omega Boutique it could be worth having it brought in to check out.

It wouldn't really bother me as long as it did not turn clockwise a full click but for what its worth, mine does not move at all in that direction.

Artoist likes this.
  3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 5, 2015

I've seen it both ways..some that move and have some room per click an some that are a little tighter. I managed to bust the spring (maybe the wrong term) on my PO 45.5 bezel and the Omega Boutique NYC fixed it for me at no cost and only took about 20 minutes, so I am assuming that this is an easy fix not matter what. But as far as I know and have seen a little give is not an indication of any issue with your bezel so it's something to fix if it bothers you. Definitely if it's brand new you have a clear reason to be a little bit more anal about it ;)

4. Exarkun12 Feb 5, 2015

Thanks for the replies! The boutique closest to me is about 1,5hrs away, so I'll get them to have a look the next time i am there. I'm trying to be less OCD about it obviously so hopefully I will get over it and just enjoy the great watch!

IMG_0477.JPG IMG_0501.JPG
    alam likes this.
  5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 5, 2015

Nice

6. MarcWinkman Feb 5, 2015

Ooooooh, very nice PO. FWIW, I have no clockwise play in my 42mm PO.

7. lerxst Feb 5, 2015

I have the exact same bezel, and it came back from service recently, because of a broken bezel spring. This made the bezel very easy to turn (too easy). However, Omega fixed it right up, and the bezel feels perfect, and yes there is a very very tiny amount of clockwise play, but it's so small that I bet most people wouldn't notice it. So I would say that your watch is totally normal.

8. TheCaptainOfTech Feb 6, 2015

Nice watch and welcome to the forum