Forums Latest Members

First person to try on the Globemaster

1. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Dec 22, 2015

Apparently I was the first person to try on the newly delivered Globemasters at the Omega Boutique on Regent Street. I love everything about it and was sooooo tempted to whip the credit card out there and then but I think I want to wait until next year (as my wife and I might have news worth marking an occasion). In the meantime, I'll just have to look at this every now and again (darn finger print).
    image.jpeg

2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Dec 22, 2015

HIgh hopes for your announcement. Get back to work on that. ;-)

Tom

Tiny Iota likes this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 22, 2015

::love::

Tiny Iota likes this.
  4. repoman Dec 22, 2015

sounds like something big is in the works. good luck!!

Tiny Iota likes this.
  5. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Dec 22, 2015

Seven to nine pounds, not that big. >;-)

Tom

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  6. ctime3 Dec 22, 2015

Best of luck.

7. Crossfire Dec 22, 2015

Half Connie half Rolex

8. Maximus84 Dec 22, 2015

Looks great! Interesting to see one with a date at 6 given the issue Superdoc had with his order.

9. LawBrk Dec 22, 2015

This makes me want to somehow stick a PiePan dial in a coin edge C-shape Connie case.
    Love this look, but not loving the fact that I'm just looking and not buying.

10. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Dec 22, 2015

His is the platinum one. This one is the stainless steel one and I think always was intended to have a date.

Maximus84 likes this.
  11. PatrickJ Dec 22, 2015

That is the store I purchased my speedy, manager there is a nice chap.

12. ulackfocus Dec 22, 2015

::facepalm2:: Not that bezel thing again. We went through this and showed how it's an homage to the vintage 168.027's bezel.

3829073gross.jpg

alford78, flw, sarir97 and 3 others like this.
  13. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Dec 22, 2015

hmmm... does not work for me....may be the size....i donno...

14. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Dec 22, 2015

As someone more dainty of wrist, the smaller than most modern watches size of this is one of its pluses

15. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Dec 22, 2015

Hi, I bought mine (stainless steel on stainless steel bracelet) more than one month ago and it is still stuck on my wrist. Definitely THE Watch I was looking for. You can't be wrong buying it![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kim, Longbow, Dogmann and 5 others like this.
  16. Riviera Paradise Dec 22, 2015

@Tiny Iota wishing you and your wife all the best on the family expansion plans for next year:)

@Tire-comedon , that close-up picture of the dial is outstanding and very much drool worthy:thumbsup:. I am actually quite surprised to see how nice the blue dial version looks on the steel bracelet. Can you give us some feedback on the Globemaster bracelet in terms of build quality, comfort etc. perhaps comparing to an Omega AT or perhaps a Rolex equivalent? Cheers!

17. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Dec 23, 2015

Hi,

I find the bracelet very comfortable, and that's rare with butterfly clasp, usually they don't fit well and even sometimes hurt on my wrist. I even had to resell a Chaumet Dandy chronograph because I couldn't wear it although I was very enthousiastic about this watch. I don't have a AT, so I can't compare. Had a datejust 116234 and I find the Globemaster more comfortable, but I traded the datejust some rime ago and couldn't compare one and then the other. I rely on what I remember and may not be objective.

18. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Dec 23, 2015

I prefer the look of the Globemaster bracelet over the PCLs of the new SM300, or the Bond bracelet of my SMPc, and I know people say for the money you should get the bracelet and buy the leather separately, but I much preferred it on leather and think I'd never wear it on the bracelet. To my eyes, the leather is a lot less blue than pictures had lead me to believe, which is a good thing. It's a very deep blue, bordering on black. It makes the watch look very dressy, which considering the more sporty watches in my collection, is what I am after.

19. Longbow Jan 12, 2016

Hi Folks,
    After a very long wait I got to try the Globemaster in Steel on Steel for real in Hamburg's Boutique Store (Neuer Wall - great staff there by the way).
    Despite all the negative comments about the "Rolex Bezel" I thought that this was actually surprisingly good, perhaps even its best feature visually - much better than the Datejust version. It's somehow flashy and subtle at the same time. Photos don't really do it justice. The watch head is pretty close to perfect.
    Having said that I decided against buying it, mainly due the bracelet. The biggest issue for me was the really sharp underside edges of the outer links. The upper surface outer edges are wonderfully smooth. It's a pity Omega didn't put a bit more bevel onto the un-seen side. Given that the clasp is not extendable I could see the bracelet cutting into my wrist in hotter weather. My recommendation is to go for the leather strap version, or at least buy a leather strap as well as the steel. On leather the Globemaster is very comfortable indeed.
    IMG_1671.JPG

20. Longbow Jan 12, 2016

This is the sort of extendable clasp I would have liked to have seen on the Globemaster. It has more adjustment range than an Easylink and is less fiddly than Glidelock IMHO. One of the many gems in the Omega box of tricks. They should use it more often. IMG_1682.JPG

Unfortunately this one was attached to a monster.... IMG_1681.JPG