Forums Latest Members
  1. njelectric Jun 21, 2017

I just purchased my first Omega watch. I've never spent more than $450 on a watch before but after drooling over vintage speedmasters for the past couple of years I finally decided to take the plunge. I just purchased this from Crown and Caliber last night:
    https://www.crownandcaliber.com/buy/omega/omega-speedmaster-professional-moonwatch-145-022-erp50925
    Now that it's on the way I was looking to pick up a leather strap. Hirsch gold brown deployment strap is probably my top pick at the moment but I'm open to some suggestions on that.
    Anyway, I more or less just wanted to say hi as I'm sure I'll be on here more and more now that I have a feeling a new hobby/addiction is about to kick in!

Edited Jun 21, 2017
    R3D9 and Uniqez like this.
  2. Nathan1967 Jun 21, 2017

Welcome! But be prepared this definitely won't be your last Omega, they're addictive!

njelectric likes this.
  3. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 21, 2017

Congratulations on your first Omega, and a Speedmaster no less! You MUST post photos here when it arrives :)

A brown strap works very well with a classic Speedmaster. In fact it was this combo that first attracted me to the Speedmaster. Here's a photo of mine:

IMG_0848_mods.jpg

ahartfie, njelectric and R3D9 like this.
  4. njelectric Jun 21, 2017

Thanks, and I certainly will post them! Seeing that picture of your watch really helps solidify that I made the right choice!

Jones in LA likes this.
  5. dbane007 Jun 21, 2017

Congrats! Looks like a great example. Anticipation of seeing the FedEx truck is half the fun. I suspect this won't be your last Speedy purchase.

njelectric likes this.