Forums Latest Members
  1. RonH Jul 8, 2020

Hello, just joined and should have my first Omega on Friday. Loved them since a boy...never liked following crowds so when others played cowboys...I was the indian. Then they played cops....I played the robber. When they played knights....I played Vikings. So when everyone swoons over Rolex....I picked Seiko and now also Omega. Plus James Bond helped as well though he started with Rolex...but will let it slide.

Anyhow, always thought I would get a 2531.80.....or variant and watched for years in stores and online...losing out due to family obligations, indecisiveness, or just fear of spending that kind of money on a watch. I think my most expensive watch is actually my Garmin Fenix 3......next would be my Citizen Eco-Drive 8740....but my favorite is another I bought brand new. It is my Seiko 6309-7049....bought it while in military overseas and has been serviced twice in 35 years and still going strong. One day would like to have an original MarineMaster as well...SBDX001.

So what did I get...the Bond 1120 calibre....or the co-axial 2500 version? Nope, I finally settled on one that has been growing on me more and more...and to me is even more rare than my famed 2531.80....I got a 2254.50. something about the black wave dial and black bezel...with solid sword hands stuck with me...while still having 1120 movement.

I hope I dont have buyers remorse but it is in nearly mint condition...very, very light scuffs on case from wearing..no noticeable scratches, gouges, or anything....I would rate it a 9 out of 10 cosmetically. I cant wait to get it on my wrist now....

Thanks for letting me share my excitement.... Maybe in few years a Speedmaster or something harkening back to the mid century S View attachment 1023920 eamasters like the Aqua Terra. Anyhow...thanks for the reading I have done not being a member over the years.....and will post a couple pics on Friday. ;)

Edited Jul 10, 2020
    DaveK, ChiefMark, KingCrouchy and 7 others like this.
  2. rob#1 Jul 8, 2020

2254.50, very nice, a wise choice :thumbsup:. Welcome, and don’t forget to post pictures ;)

RonH likes this.
  3. ChiefMark Jul 8, 2020

Excellent choice. Congratulations!

4. RonH Jul 9, 2020

Due to arrive tomorrow by FedEx...will post pictures 5 min after unboxing. If I dont need a towel, that is... LOL

5. RonH Jul 10, 2020

Here she is. Got her and took to get bracelet sized at my jewelry store. I like mine to be slightly loose not snug on wrist to allow for expansion during day...but to get the perfect fit I can barely get it on without using the wet suit expander. I dont want it looser....so that is how it is going to be. Great watch, feels good on wrist. Not a collector so I wear everything but must admit thinking about either a vintage Seamaster or a King Seiko 44KS next. ;)

IMG_20200710_124106.jpg
    rob#1, shiloh_101 and lillatroll like this.
  6. SkunkPrince Jul 10, 2020

I tell ya I like the look of the vintage pieces but I'm coming around to the position that my Seamaster 2254.50 is pretty much perfect and the Railmaster LE and (WatchCo) Seamaster 300 are pretty close to perfect as well.

RonH likes this.
  7. RonH Jul 10, 2020

Cant argue with you on that....I found myself the past couple years also looking at the simplicity and retro feel of the Aqua Terra on a nice leather band like the black face with black leather strap 220.13.38.20.01.001. Agree the 2254 is great as has the Seamaster good looks...with a little more classic feel. Thanks for the words...

8. SkunkPrince Jul 10, 2020

I do have a soft spot in my heart (head?) for the 30mm in my avatar and the 3/0 NN trench though. :D

RonH likes this.