Forums Latest Members
  1. mkm250680 Jun 15, 2017

IMG_0514.JPG IMG_0515.JPG IMG_0513.JPG Hi all,
    I can't explain how excited Iam to finally own an omega watch, a seamaster 300 chongraph co-axial 2014.

How ever I have some question in regards to it.
    The braclet, clasp etc is not the same as others I have seen as in the way the are polished.
    Other I have seen are brushed with slight polished sections.

I bought it from a collector/seller via EBay with all the paper work matching and took it to a local although not omega expert jewellers.
    Please can someone advise me as like I said I'm new to this.

semper_shells likes this.
  2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 15, 2017

Bracelet looks good to me.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 15, 2017

Its been polished up by an amateur or a mall jeweller by the looks, its not an uncommon occurrence unfortunately as people want to "pretty up" a watch for sale take the cheap option. The clasp on these is meant to be a satin finish, and due to that and its position its a scratch magnet so they get scuffed easily, the previous owner wanted to remove that wear, the positive side is its not hard to correct and a competent watchmaker can get the original look back without too much trouble or cost.

The key thing is to get a good watchmaker to do it, not a jeweller or a guy who cuts keys, mends shoes and engraves dog collars.

4. mkm250680 Jun 15, 2017

Do you have any recommendations??
    I live in uk, midlands.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 15, 2017

STS is an omega service centre (Swiss Time Services), @stefan is also in London and is an independent. You may want to just wear it and get the polishing fixed when it's due for its first service in a couple of years.