Forums Latest Members
  1. DJM74 May 5, 2016

Morning All ( if your in the uk !! ) I am now looking at a second vintage omega purchase but as my first was from a forum member and painless , I would appreciate some guidance / thoughts on a potential ebay purchase.
    The watch Is listed on ebay in Italy as a 2605-7 Cal 266 the movement shot shows the serial number clearly that puts it to 1954 ( i think ) i cant clearly make out the call is 266 as listed but it does look in good condition.

I have previously made a Ebay purchase and i ended up returning that particular watch as although it looked nice it had numerous problems !!

I have google translated the listing description which is below.

Omega, rare reference 7, 2605-cal. 266 total steel, diameter mm. 36 about excluding winding Crown, with gorgeous anse "spider", in excellent condition, without the slightest defect; beautiful dial absolutely never reprinted, priginale, perfectly preserved, with Arabic numerals at hours equal, embossed in silver and gorgeous original steel leaf sphere set with beautiful matron cornflower blue; fine mechanics, 266, deriving 30T2 with incabloc and Breguet, clean and brilliant, tested and perfectly working, with excellent weather sealing and of the charge; plexi glass, perfect; original Crown with logo

Any thoughts / comments / advice would be greatly appreciated

Daniel $_57 (12).JPG $_57 (13).JPG $_57 (14).JPG $_57 (15).JPG $_57 (16).JPG $_57 (17).JPG

2. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2016

I can't offer help on the watch, but can offer a little caution as to things being shipped from Italy, wandering off in their postal service...

3. DJM74 May 5, 2016

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2016

Looking at other pictures of this reference, I'm going to put it out there that this looks like a redial.

I can't find a single example where the numbers are applied like that.

Snorkelflip, marco and DJM74 like this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 5, 2016

I can't comment on originality. But that is s very pretty watch. I will say design wise it looks contemporary and not 50's.

If the price is good I would wear it proudly with a suit.

DJM74 likes this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 5, 2016

Just as a tip, if I'm ever buying a watch described in another language, I try to find a native speaker of that language to read it rather than google.

7. DJM74 May 5, 2016

Thanks my mum can struggle through Italian but I didn't want to tell her I'm buying another watch !! Even though I'm over 40 and married with kids !!!

Jwit, neilfrancis and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  8. Edward53 Jun 28, 2017

@DJM74 an old thread but I wonder how this turned out in the end. Everything about that watch looks extremely nice to me. The hands are the right length and general appearance, the markers are the right size, shape and spacing, the condition of everything matches nicely and the dial has that "right" aged look that's almost impossible to replicate. I will stick my neck out and venture the opinion that your watch is totally original including the dial.

9. Kwijibo Jun 28, 2017

Looks nice globally. The sub second hand could not be original. Never seen it in blue.
    extract from Omega database
    Caractéristiques
    Collection internationale

Dimensions

Boîtier

Stainless steel

Type du dos du boîtier

Press-in

Cadran

Metal, with "dauphine" hands

Cristal

Hesalite

Bracelet

Leather

Fonction
    Mouvements
    Type

Manual winding (mechanical)

Numéro de calibre

Autre

Created in 1943
    17 jewels

DONNÉES TECHNIQUES
    Étanchéité

No (hermetic crown)

10. jumpingsecond Jun 28, 2017

Without researching any similar references- If its a redial its a pretty damn good one. Without a loupe its hard to tell if the minute markers are too sharp /inky black as compared to the age/scuffing of dial. Could just be a really well preserved example.

Either way it's a good looking watch and I agree with colleagues above if the price is right - enjoy it!

11. mac_omega Jun 28, 2017

The dial is original, not a redial

tamura likes this.
  12. watchlovr Jun 28, 2017

Hard to believe that dial is not original.
    Lovely thing