Forums Latest Members
  1. SC1 Dec 2, 2021

I have two pre-owned Omegas in my life (Speedmaster Reduced and the Seamaster Trilogy '57 both of which I adore) but back in July of this year I became deeply smitten with the new Seamaster 300 Lollipop.
    I spent most of July through October deep-diving reviews and such, both in words & videos -- which only added to my growing infatuation with the watch. However the largest issue for me was "Am I really just doubling down, being redundant, with this new Seamaster when I already have the '57?" By the time I decided I wasn't they were out of stock through Omega as well as the closest-to-me boutique so I started looking at pre-owned... and they weren't that abundant either.
    Finally found one in great shape for a good price but in the end the seller wanted to make a local sale so I was back to square one... later that same day I called a watch reseller/broker friend in California and asked him if he could track one down through his connections -- BOOM, 45 minutes later he phoned me with the news that he found one for me. I asked him "How much wear & tear?" as I assumed it would be previously owned. He laughed while saying, "Umm, none... it's brand new: stickers, tags, cards, hell it's still tucked inside its Omega shipping outer carton from Switzerland."
    He overnighted it to me yesterday, and I must say I am so happy I purchased this.
    The tapered bracelet is fabulous as is the smaller clasp (both in relation to my '57) and besides the new calibre what is really keeping my eyeballs occupied is that dial -- the sandwich dial, the minimalistic printed words, that caseback and pretty movement, the aluminum bezel and feel of it -- and that lume, holy mackerel that lume... well, I am definitely in love!

And last, there is definitely something to be said about a brand new, unworn, watch... while I enjoyed receiving both of my other Omegas this one feels different, special even, like it's a blank slate for me to create memories with whereas the other two felt/feel like I was/am continuing a story begun by their previous owners. A bit corny but it does feel different.

Now I just need to brave-up and size the bracelet (I sized my other two but it felt like less of a stressful thing as they already had some wear on them) ~ this time though, it feels more worrisome as this watch is pristine and sparkling.

20211201_142430.jpg 20211201_142331.jpg

2. dstfno Dec 2, 2021

Just pay up the $10 and have the bracelet sized by a professional

Edit: And congratulations on your purchase!

Edited Dec 2, 2021
    SC1 and Omegafanman like this.
  3. hen Dec 2, 2021

Congrats! That lume shot is fantastic!

richiv and SC1 like this.
  4. bpsmith Dec 2, 2021

Those look like two equally cool but different watches. Very nice indeed!

SC1 likes this.
  5. Myron Dec 2, 2021

Congratulations. I'm actually still waiting for one to arrive at my AD. He got one in on a leather strap but I am holding out for a bracelet. Yours looks great!

SC1 likes this.
  6. JwRosenthal Dec 2, 2021

Since I’m pretty much a 99% vintage guy, this is THE watch in the omega catalog that ticks all my boxes. If I were to have one new watch, this would be it.
    There is currently one on the FS section here….what’s can I sell…hmmm

SC1 likes this.
  7. owl. Dec 2, 2021

You know, I remember being nervous to size my first Rolex..

Then the AD put a scratch in it one day, and there was no argument to be had, because I didn't take "before pictures" when I dropped it off

From then on, I size my own watches.

But hey, whatever you choose to do, I sincerely wish you the best.

Congrats on a beautiful watch by the way!

SC1 likes this.
  8. ChiefMark Dec 2, 2021

Beautiful choice! Congratulations and I hope it brings you years of wearing enjoyment.

SC1 likes this.
  9. 8100_RPM Dec 2, 2021

Congratulations and enjoy your new Seamaster!

SC1 likes this.
  10. It's Hedley Dec 2, 2021

Great choice and congratulations!

SC1 likes this.
  11. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Dec 2, 2021

Congratulations! It’s a beauty.

I completely get what you mean about there being something different about a brand-new watch. I had 8? I think vintage watches before I bought my Speedy Pro in 2018 and I felt like I’d gone through a few power-ups when I first put it on.

SC1 likes this.
  12. ama98 Dec 2, 2021

Congrats! Looks really cool!

13. Mac-427 Dec 4, 2021

Ditto on sizing. Let a professional do it. The last thing you want is a scratch on that beauty.

14. M Garner Dec 4, 2021

Very nice!

I'm on the fence as it goes for sizing. For my Titanium SM, I let the pros do it.