Forums Latest Members
  1. Which Watch Next Jul 4, 2015

This is my first thread, so I guess I officially have a "watch problem". Certain people are tired of me talking about watches, so what better to do than join a group of people with the same problem. :)

I am actually trying to decide what to get for my 40th birthday. I am favoring a 321 or 861 Speedmaster over a couple of other options, but it is a bit dizzying figuring out what's correct or what's this or that. I Find figuring out the puzzle to be a fun part of the hobby though. However, that is a problem for another thread...

In the mean time, I don't have a constellation and would love to acquire one under the right conditions, and this one is close I think, if the seller is willing to make a deal. All I have is these blurry pics and few details:

Gold capped case with solid lugs and cross hair dial which appears to pass MOY test, or is maybe wishful thinking
    Has IMO a well defined observatory on screw down case back (unfortunately engraved).
    Has "CHRONOMETRE" vs "CHRONOMETER on dial, and from what I have read 1960 and earlier had CHRONOMETRE. So, I'm not sure this is correct for this specific model.
    Does not have 10 sided crown, again, not sure it should, but easy enough to change
    Can't see the "SWISS" or "SWISS MADE" due to the poor pics, so no idea there.
    There are no movement pics, so there is a risk of my least favorite friend Frank being in there.

Is this a redial, redial of newer model with old text, a "transitional piece", or something to avoid along with the two hour drive to see it? Or, do I contact the seller, hit the road, and spend a day at the beach?

Any help is appreciated, and HAPPY 4th of July.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
  2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jul 4, 2015

Did you mean to attach photos or a link?

3. Which Watch Next Jul 4, 2015

Rookie mistake. I failed to hit Insert... Sorry about that.

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 4, 2015

With pics like that, who knows! I am leaning toward redial
    - "automatic" is too high/too close to "omega"
    - minute track is too far from the edge of the pie pan (if it is a genuine pie pan)
    - minute markers are uneven and inconsistent between 4oclock and 6 oclock
    - cross hairs don't go through the middle of the omega logo

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 4, 2015

And accidentally created 2 threads. I have responded in the other

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jul 4, 2015

+1 a redial..... avoid for first purchase even if the price is good.

7. Which Watch Next Jul 4, 2015

Thanks, and sorry for the double thread.

8. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 4, 2015

Did you mean capped case and solid gold lugs?
    I don't remember reading about a combination case like that -usually gold capped all over or solid gold.
    I too go for redial -or messed with dial -as the applied Omega shouldn't be sitting ton top of the other fonts like that

9. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 5, 2015

Definitely a redial.

10. JohnSteed Jul 5, 2015

also check out the many here on this forum There are great examples in 'show and tell'

Insist on getting good pics from a seller, at least until you master your search and know what to look for (at times great pics may not be available)

Good luck on the search...you're on the right place