Forums Latest Members

SOLD Final reduction. Modern Laco Navy 36 Automatic. $400

1. rhetoric Feb 17, 2020

I purchased this watch looking for a vintage design with some modern robustness and serviceability and it has proved to have both. I understand that the watch was based on the Kriegsmarine pocket watch. Both the aviator watches and the maritime watches from Laco look back on a rich history. “The requirements to start constructing them came from the German Marine Observatory in Hamburg, and only a few factories were able to fulfil them in the 1940s. Laco was one of those companies. Today's watches are still oriented toward the look of yesteryear in their appearance.” I purchased this watch in 2014 and have worn it carefully, intermittently since then. To me it combines that vintage feel with modern technology, one of it’s virtues being that it’s easy to read at a glance. It’s currently on a new pigskin watchband but the unworn original band is included with the box.

Movement: Laco 24, basic movement ETA 2824-2

Case: Matt and polished SS, diameter 36mm, 18mm lug width

Crystal: AR sapphire, and sapphire crystal back

Dial: Cream with blue hands

Strap: Original unworn Laco strap

Box: Original case and box

Waterproof: 5ATM

Currently USD$900 ex VAT from Laco

My asking price is $USD400. I have numerous excellent references on this Forum.

Shipping from Australia.and insurance to be discussed with buyer

https://www.laco.de/en/watches/navy-watches/navy-watch-navy-36

1.JPG
    2.JPG 3.JPG
    4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG
    7.jpg

Edited Mar 4, 2020
    Sidnos, ilayd and bigdubnick like this.
  2. rhetoric Feb 21, 2020

everybody up

3. rhetoric Mar 1, 2020

Not sure why this watch has received little interest - whether there is simply no interest in the model, or whether the pricing isn't right. So now reduced By $100 to $500.
    Thanks OF.

4. rhetoric Mar 4, 2020

And another reduction. Phew!

5. rhetoric Mar 8, 2020

Up