Forums Latest Members
  1. whippetman01 Feb 21, 2019

unbelievable bad service from Fedex
    £70 from Bristol UK to Hong Kong “Economy “ business use
    10 days later it’s held in Paris as “Aircraft is full”
    The envelope is the smallest available and weighs 0.07 kg!
    Two bracelets on their way to Michael Young for repair.
    Still not shipped tonight really serious problem, when I contacted CS was told no guarantee for date of delivery, plane was full and “we are not cheap “
    Definitely would not recommend or ever use again.
    Just hope I’m not been fobbed off as they may have gone missing.....

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 21, 2019

And yet I've made thousands of successful shipments using FedEx without issue. I honestly don't think there's any shipping company or postal service that you won't find a similar rant about...

Fritz, wristpirate, Larry S and 3 others like this.
  3. Kwijibo Feb 21, 2019

Bad to hear that. I usually ship with DHL. For the time being they are the ones that proved better.

4. prontoprint Feb 21, 2019

I suppose on a brighter note at least they can tell you where they are . Most posts about watches in the hands of shipping agents is "where are they" when they just disappear off the tracking page !! Then it gets stressful !

Hope they get there eventually and you know they'll come back looking "first class" - bad pun I know !!

5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 21, 2019

FedEx is clearly the best express service that I have ever used, and that spans over 25 years of shipping both in the U.S. and Europe.

It should be obvious that "economy" services are always more likely to encounter delays, etc., than the express service for which they are so widely known.

6. whippetman01 Feb 21, 2019

Yes, but £70 economy!!

7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 21, 2019

Yes, that it expensive, and I don't doubt that you had a bad experience. But as Al suggested above, if you stopped using every service because of a single bad experience, you probably wouldn't be doing any shipping.

8. kkt Feb 21, 2019

Your package is probably in a larger container of packages all going to Hong Kong, and it's that container that didn't fit onto the plane. 70 pounds doesn't seem like that much to go to the other side of the world.

9. MRC Feb 21, 2019

I sent a bracelet from the (dis)United Kingdom to Michael Young and I think it was GBP15 by regular parcel post. Coming back about USD20. No trouble, no delays, just a few days in transit each way.

FedEx are a high-speed-drive-by outfit where I live, so I always intercept the tracking and say that I'll pick everything up from the depot. Which luckily is not too much of a hassle.

10. nttisch23 Mar 1, 2019

Glad I read this. Actually have a few bracelets I plan on sending to Michael, looks like I’ll have to ship via another carrier. Maybe DHL? Anyone have experience shipping with them? I usually use USPS for all. Thanks

11. boogedyboo Mar 1, 2019

GBP70 for economy Fedex from UK to Hong Kong sounds a bit pricey. What would the normal option have cost?

12. whippetman01 Mar 4, 2019

Don’t know how it went economy for £70 as I say my office did it and think FedEx did it in error.
    Went from JK to Paris ,stuck there for a week then to China a day in Japan then to HK, 15 days of stress I didn’t need!
    Last one returned FedEx from HK in 4 days....