Fedex Shipping from New Zealand?

Kia Ora,

I've recently relocated to NZ from the US, and... well first off, I'm so happy to be here. Kiwi hospitality has really helped make this a smooth transition for me and my family. Summer in Hawke's Bay isn't bad either.

So, once I get settled I'd like to continue the occasional buying and selling that lets me enjoy all the watches without owning them all at once. And on that note, I'd love to hear from those who have used Fedex to ship watches from New Zealand to other parts of the world.

I'm asking about Fedex specifically because I have a Parcel Pro account, and the Fedex/Parcel Pro combo lets me ship watches fully insured. I understand that some use DHL with Secursus insurance, but what I've read about Secursus is not reassuring.

I'd like to know if any of you have shipped watches via Fedex from NZ to other parts of the world, and if so, have you had any experiences good or bad as far as customs forms, paperwork, employees asking about box contents, etc. My understanding is that Fedex only has two locations on the North Island, Auckland and Wellington. So part of why I'm asking is to avoid any surprises after driving 4-5 hours to my nearest Fedex location.

Thank you in advance for all your help.
Cheers,
-Grant

Like 1
Welcome to the 'Land of the Long White Cloud' Aotearoa!

I unfortunately don't have any experience with FedEx as I only use DHL but maybe some of the other kiwi members can help: @Kiwibloke @Boojumhunter @ghce ...im sure there are more.

The other option is you just sell locally ;) as it's a pretty small pond we're fishing in, the kiwi watch afficionados here are in desperate need of new watches... you'd be doing us a huge favour.

Matt

Like 3
Thanks Matt,

I have indeed chatted with @Kiwibloke and he was certainly helpful.
I'd love to hear from more watch fans in the country, and when the time comes to list some watches I would absolutely welcome a local New Zealand deal.

Cheers,
-GW

Like 1
Hi Grant - I’ve sent three watches to the States via FedEx and - as long as you complete the watch ‘spreadsheet’ correctly that breaks down declared value against head, movement and bracelet plus what everything is made of - no problems at all…

I’ve dropped my shipments directly to the FedEx depot at Wellington airport and the staff there are great…

Plus of course received watches via FedEx from the States and Europe; customs clearance in NZ can take longer that the shipment time from wherever, but other than timings, no issues.

Now that your here happy to have a chat on the phone if suits…

Cheers,
Martin

Like 1
Parcel Pro user. They are owned by UPS and when I joined, a rep who helped me get set up advised me to use Fedex exclusively. Safe and dependable he said. I find them very easy to deal with from controlling delivery, tracking and dealing with customs clearing. I’ve had a few shipments arrive via DHL and have had good results with them. Their pick up location is a bit of a PITA compared to FedEx for me. I never have had watches delivered to my door. Only hold for pickup.

Like 1
Now that your here happy to have a chat on the phone if suits…

Cheers,
Martin

Awesome. Thanks Martin, I'll be in touch soon.
-Grant