Forums Latest Members
  1. manyspots Jul 25, 2018

Hi all,

Not sure if there is forum for 'other watch brands' on ebay, as there are for some of the listed watch brand forums, but here goes nothing.

Curious if anyone has any information or thoughts on this Favre-Leuba Datic. It looks pretty good to me from the pictures, and the price is certainly right. Would appreciate any feedback you might have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Favre-Leub...cdb:g:IpAAAOSwq8FbMoAZ&_nkw=favre+leuba&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Buck2466 Jul 25, 2018

I've always been a fan of vintage Favre Leuba. For $40.00, you wouldn't be out much. I don't see anything glaring that sticks out to me, except the description advertising it as waterproof. I would take that with a grain of salt with how old the watch is.

noelekal likes this.
  3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 25, 2018

Nice watch; great value. Assuming that the movement is Ok.

4. Dan S Jul 26, 2018

Looks very nice from the outside and probably worth a gamble. It would be nice to know the case size.

5. argonbeam Jul 28, 2018

For $40 bucks hard to go wrong. Doesn't look like the usual India redial special either.

6. argonbeam Jul 29, 2018

33 mm case sans crown and 18 mm lug width, according to seller. Good deal.

7. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jul 30, 2018

A Favre Leuba Sea Bird lives here. It's an enthusiastic little runner and quite the handy watch with its alarm feature. I'd be willing to further explore the brand by owning another.

argonbeam likes this.
  8. argonbeam Jul 30, 2018

The Sea Bird looks to be a great little watch which I hadn’t come across until just recently. I usually don’t go for many complications, but a mechanical alarm is pretty cool, IMO. What size is yours? I’ll probably buy this eBay one because $40! A bit small but I have plenty other 33 mm daily wearers.

9. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jul 30, 2018

Hi argonbeam;

This Sea Bird is 34.2mm. Just measured it as I didn't know its diameter.

[​IMG]

It goes along on trips now and has since I got it. Even if it's not the watch choice for the event it's in the suitcase. Why it's "handier'n a pocket on a shirt!" I wish I'd had an alarm watch since as long ago as when I was a kid.

argonbeam likes this.