Forums Latest Members
  1. elara2105 Mar 15, 2017

Hi, I want to buy a Dynamic Chronograp, is there a quick way to distinguish a real of a fake one? thanks for the help

2. tyrantlizardrex Mar 15, 2017

Pictures.... I don't see any pictures.

Or watch reference numbers.

Or evidence of your own research.

Help us to help you. ::facepalm1::

Perseus likes this.
  3. AveConscientia Mar 15, 2017

PICTURES HOW MANY TIMES WITH THESE NEW MEMBERS NOT SHOWING PICTURES!!!!!!!¡

4. elara2105 Mar 15, 2017

sorry! Dont have pictures or numbers, I just starting the search, I own 2 speedmasters 861 and 1045 calibers, but the Dynamic will be my first!... I just want to know if you can help me with some tips, or things that I should look before buying one, sorry for the inconvenience...

5. AveConscientia Mar 15, 2017

Sorry about that just hard know without pictures. Here are some basics the Omega is not aligned, some text on the same word is larger than another this excludes water damage and capital letters like De Ville. Hour markers should be aligned. Post before you buy! Be suspicious if on EBay and the seller has less than 100%-99% positive. Is from a third world country. I have lucked out example below comes from Pakistan! Zoom as close as you can to search for imperfections. Watch out for polished cases. Watch out for redials. Check the MOVEMENT!! Well thats all folks for now let me know if you have any questions! Here is one of my steals!
    Bad photos I know..
    IMG_2515.JPG IMG_2518.JPG

OMGRLX likes this.
  6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 15, 2017

Make sure all the details match known good examples and that all the parts are authentic, correct for the reference, and preferably original.

That should land you a good one!

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  7. adi4 Mar 15, 2017

I think you're missing a few steps in between wanting one and buying one. You have to look at what's available and start diving into each variation and what the correct details should look like. Then maybe start looking at some "gotchas" to look out for on what might be incorrect. Then you should post some examples of what you've found here and ask for feedback, along with providing what you've found out for yourself. Only then should you buy the (hopefully) good/great condition Dynamic.

I'm not as seasoned as most other members here, but those would be the steps I would follow if I were seriously pursuing a particular watch.

OMGRLX, mr_yossarian and oddboy like this.
  8. tyrantlizardrex Mar 16, 2017

Some advice:

Step 1: use google to find information on the watch that you're talking about.

Step 2: note down the reference number.

Step 3: learn as much as you can.

Step 4: ask questions here.

What you've done is the equivalent of:

"I'd like to buy a house with a kitchen, can you give me advice?"

As I said, help us to help you.

mr_yossarian likes this.
  9. elara2105 Mar 16, 2017

Thank you all very much, I've been Reading aboout this watch a lot, and thats why I want one... also I like the look on a leather strap... so, thank you again for all the advice, and in the first moment I found one, before I buying it, I will post some photos looking for your advice... this are my Speedmasters,

Two Omegas.JPG
    Aria Wibisana and OMGRLX like this.
  10. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Mar 16, 2017

As far as I'm aware, there was not much incentive to fake the Dynamic chronographs as they weren't much of a success when originally on sale. However their popularity seems to be rising. The only advice I'd give is to check sold listings on Ebay for a price guide, look for good condition, especially ones with the original unpolished finish and undegraded lume, and don't pay much (if any) premium for the Targa Florio LE.

elara2105 likes this.
  11. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 16, 2017

If you like the look of the DYNAMIC on a bracelet, get one with it, sourcing one after the fact will be costly.

12. TNTwatch Mar 16, 2017

There's no known fake of the regular Dynamic Chrono, but there's been unresolved doubts about a limited edition variant other than the Targa Florio. So dig a little deeper if you encounter one like that.

elara2105 likes this.