Forums Latest Members
  1. WelshBoa Oct 8, 2016

morning all,

I am a complete newbie when it comes to vintage watches although have been reading quite a few threads on here.

The seller has good feedback but the blue face looks too "new".

Sorry for yet another generic thread, but guess it's better to ask.

Thanks in advance

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291900375395Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. WatchmakerTheory Oct 8, 2016

Not fake, but the dial has been repainted.

It's also hugely overpriced- I'd pass on this one.

3. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Oct 8, 2016

Most likely redial. Note how the "1" and "2" don't line up and how some of the indices don't appear to line up with minute track.

4. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Oct 8, 2016

Yeah that dial looks fugly. Never seen that color blue before on a seamaster before

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 8, 2016

Congratulations for asking BEFORE buying that lump of shiny crap.

Edit: Lump of shiny expensive crap.

6. Interstellar Oct 8, 2016

this one is definitely a redial.

7. WelshBoa Oct 8, 2016

Thanks all. I guessed so even with my lack of knowledge.

Another quick question generally speaking does a replacement strap lower the value by much generally? Or is it considered acceptable ? I'm thinking of non omega straps being used in respect of leather straps

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 8, 2016

Original Strap does not mean much on vintage watches as many have had a strap or two since being bought new. A correct buckle can add a bit to sales. ( Buckles can be found for most )

Bracelets are a different story

9. WelshBoa Oct 9, 2016

Just out of interest how far does patience go with putting up links from eBay etc? I have tried to sort of target those sellers who have a number of watches for sale,
    And with good feedback which may indicate a private trader etc.

That however doesn't really seem fool proof and just conscious i don't want to keep posting threads and annoying members

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 9, 2016

I recommend you watch the Private Watch Sales forum on this site. You can pm the seller if you're interested.

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 9, 2016

One at a time , with giving your personal thoughts on it as well is usually acceptable.

12. novina Oct 10, 2016

My 14765 has the same or near identical case. This one is very over polished in comparison. And it is a redial. Not a total hack job, but minute track is uneven, Swiss Made is horrible, and of course the color. So a original strap from the era would not look so great. But a new Omega strap would be worth about $200 USD. This one was prettied up to catch the OHHH factor. Someone will pay it. But hope you do not.