Fake omega and eBay says its not in violation

Posts
509
Likes
260
135074697281 eBay listing number that I reported clearly fake and eBay has said
WHAT how does this happen do people actually look into these things it's clearly fake lol
 
Posts
3,285
Likes
9,881
WTF! Even I can spot that thing as a fake. Note to self " Do not buy anything off E-bay"
 
Posts
509
Likes
260
WTF! Even I can spot that thing as a fake. Note to self " Do not buy anything off E-bay"
And apparently eBay doesn't believe it is hahahhaha
 
Posts
2,781
Likes
4,706
Whilst they're letting this fake have a free ride they're probably giving some poor bastard who is trying to sell genuine watches, a hard time, accusing him of trying to sell fakes......::facepalm1::
 
Posts
13,518
Likes
23,453
This is common on eBay. I do wonder if they track how many individuals report an item as fake before removing it. I’ve reported countless fake Omegas and received the same reply, only for it to be later taken down
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,377
I also wonder whether eBay uses any form of AI to do a "first tier" review and response when a report comes in. It's hard for me to believe that eBay has enough customer service agents, let alone enough who have any appreciable knowledge of watches, to address the reports and to recognize a fake when they see one.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,377
ebay sux
That is certainly true in lots of ways (fees, scams, lack of oversight, etc.), but I've also found some of my best watches on eBay and often at bargain prices. It takes a lot of time and effort to sift through the junk to find the gems, but they are there.
 
Posts
509
Likes
260
That is certainly true in lots of ways (fees, scams, lack of oversight, etc.), but I've also found some of my best watches on eBay and often at bargain prices. It takes a lot of time and effort to sift through the junk to find the gems, but they are there.
All of my 30+ omegas have been purchased off eBay and you can definitely find some amazing deals. Like some sold for as non working and requires a battery When they are manual wind lol.
 
Posts
1,558
Likes
3,125
EBay does suck, but I recently scored an $1800 combustion analyzer for $100 shipped to replace my no longer supported and obsolete model. It's hard to go cold turkey, but for watches, I always look elsewhere.
 
Posts
1,913
Likes
2,928
I’m searching for it (to report too) and coming up empty—perhaps they did remove it?
 
Posts
509
Likes
260
I’m searching for it (to report too) and coming up empty—perhaps they did remove it?
Yea I believe it's been removed.
 
Posts
509
Likes
260
Let's see what eBay has to say about this one. This one's even worse hahaha
 
Posts
509
Likes
260
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made by a customer service agent. Hahahaha what a joke
 
Posts
252
Likes
234
The customer service agent saw Omega on the dial and gave it a pass.
 
Posts
1,610
Likes
6,044
You must not hope to make ebay reason, you must use ebay for what it can give you, and that is every now and then a good opportunity as long as you know what you are looking for very well