Forums Latest Members
  1. heavenscloud Nov 13, 2016

Hi all,

I have my doubts about this case--have seen quite a few gold filled cases from this period and "Omega" is always encased in the triangle. What do you think?

[​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322325629171?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    I appreciate your expertise.

Regards,

Brandon

2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Nov 13, 2016

It is not a Swiss case but an American case legally made by that company. Not a fake.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  3. heavenscloud Nov 13, 2016

Looks like there were quite a few Wadsworth stamps in the mid-late 40s. I was only familiar with the later ones with the "Omega Watch Co"/triangle.

Thoughts on the rest of the watch? Looks like the oscillating weight scratched the case back. Some movement screws look mangled, but I don't see etchings on the case back suggesting the watch was serviced. My concern is that the crown isn't original/period correct although the tone appears to match the case (in the movement pic).

4. GuiltyBoomerang Nov 13, 2016

Wadsworth was the US recasers for Omega; same for Dennison in the UK and Handley in Australia. Crown is period correct however it may not be original to the watch/a generic replacement. Given the (current) price of the watch it's not half bad.

5. heavenscloud Nov 13, 2016

I'm going to pass on this one. While I love the mirror indexes and hands, I'd prefer these features on a steel 30t2. Not a fan of gold filled cases and the movement looks questionable (possibly damaged screws and missing tab--not sure what the technical term is). Learned something new today, and the hunt continues....