Forums Latest Members

Faded Bezel Seamaster 2254.50 - love it!

1. WatchVaultNYC Feb 23, 2016

Right now I am just crazy about faded bezels on my Seamasters.

Nice watch but I don't particularly like the 2254.50, though they are hugely popular. But a faded bezel, at least in my opinion, changes the character of the watch and adds a bit of sophistication. The one on the left just arrived a few minutes ago and it's been on my wrist since.

And no, my business cards don't come with watches :p

faded 2254.JPG
  2. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Feb 23, 2016

most of that stuff is invented by dealers to be able to charge more for damaged products...

call a discoloured dial "tropical" :whistling:

spider dial... my a$$ :cautious:

a missing hand? ... the highly desirable "Nelson mod"... (yeah i pulled that one out my arse) :D

half of that cr@p, 20 yrs ago, people just called "broken" ::facepalm1::

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 23, 2016

The market dissagrees @al128 ...

In my opinion there is a difference between aesthetically pleasing patina, and broken.

4. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Feb 24, 2016

I´m sure the market disagrees - my qualsm are people trying to pass of "broken" stuff as "thats special" by inventing an expression for it... like spider-dial... you know the whole ebay speak, where every other watch is a rare, higly desirable 1st generation vietnam war issued whatever: ::facepalm1::

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-road-worn-60s-stratocaster-electric-guitar

[​IMG]

(thats a brand new guitar already "broken in" for you from the nice people at Fender

... will we see any NEW watches with tropical spider dials and faded bad-ass pepsi bezels soon ???? I wouldnt be surprised ...

we're half way there, right?

isnt that burnt tritium on the dial? :whistling:
    [​IMG]

Edited Feb 24, 2016
    Foo2rama likes this.