Forums Latest Members
  1. Vintage Lemania Apr 28, 2020

Hi all, I recently inherited a 1985 cal 1431 quartz constellation in two tone. The watch is in rough shape, the crown stem broke off, bracelet is missing pins, and one of the little gold "arms" on the bezel that touches the crystal is missing. Its also not working. Its not really my style, so for a while I thought of just selling it as is, but im sure I wouldn't make much with it the way it currently is. The more ive thought of it, I really wouldn't feel right selling it since it was a gift and has a personal engraving on it from when it was new.

So, now that ive decided to keep it(at least for now) id like to get it functional and looking good cosmetically. The dial has some stains, which I don't know whether or not are the result of moisture(look to be), and the hands aren't in the best of shape. Anyone know how much Omega themselves would charge to essentially restore this watch? Thanks all!

2. Candle00 Apr 28, 2020

Do you have any images? That would help guide the assessment...

3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Apr 28, 2020

I've no idea how much sentimental value you place on this watch, but the cost Omega will charge to restore it will be much more than it's monetary value, even if it comes back looking like new.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 28, 2020

I would say Omega intervention on this could run to 2x or 3x its likely open market value even when clean and tidy.

Edited Apr 28, 2020
    watchyouwant likes this.
  5. MRC Apr 28, 2020

My Cal 1432 cost me GBP 435 to get the full Bienne treatment. It had no cosmetic issues and nothing was obviously replaced other than case seals and crown, and possibly the movement (they didn't return one so I don't know). If inheritance value matters more than sale value get it done. Or preferably find an independent with an Omega parts account.

6. brydell Apr 28, 2020

Send it to: watchrepair.net for an estimate. Check out their website for information. I've had an Omega Constellation and Heuer watch repaired and serviced by them and I am very satisfied. Not cheap, but reasonable and very responsive. Highly recommended.

7. Vintage Lemania Jun 4, 2021

Hi all, a year late, but here is the pic of the watch itself.

85 Omega Constellation.jpg