Forums Latest Members

Factory-original Vintage-watches, Not Easy To Come By

1. seamonster Respectable Member Dec 6, 2012

Respectable Members

It is frightening to realize, day in and day out there is always a discussion amongst fellow respectable members of this forum of watches that are either molested or dressed up with a refinished dial, franken or fake, found on the most popular auction site.

As someone who believes a desirable vintage-watch has to be totally factory-original, with no 'ifs' or 'buts', I told myself, if my dream-watch has to come, it will be from one of our respectable members or from the 'for sale' section of this forum. Absolutely so. Anything that is short of factory-original and untouched, I will not want to wear, much less purchase it or even recommend to a friend.

By and by, a respectable member (who knows his subject, well) directed me to someone who was off-loading his 300m model ref 166.024 with big triangle and date. One look at the watch, after gathering much informed knowledge from respectable members here, I told myself that is my watch. It is a golden opportunity, not to be missed.

God willing, some time next week, it will be strapped on my wrist, 24 hours a day. The only time it does not sit on my wrist is, when I take my shower or when there is a heavy down-pour. When it finally arrives, I shall take more pictures of this princess, for all of us to share.

I am indebted to all respectable forum members for the invaluable knowledge imparted me and also, the respectable member who directed me to this once in a life-time chance.

Thank-you.

aaa .jpg

2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Dec 6, 2012

Patience sure pays, not much longer now.
    No need to say enjoy, you certainly will :thumbsup:

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 6, 2012

Looking forward to see your well earned factory original seamaster 300 diver watch. Any plan for the bracelet? I always thought the mesh bracelet is the perfect choice. But SS bracelet or NATO strap are also handsome.

Regards,
    Herianto

4. seamonster Respectable Member Dec 6, 2012

Respectable Member Alpha

Correct, patience pays and what surprises me though, trying to get a desirable factory-original example vintage Omega watch is so difficult, nowadays.

One needs to be a very serious enthusiast or an expert to tell apart, the good from the ugly. The rubbish is made to look virtually exactly like the genuine one and it is indeed difficult to detect.

Surely, I will enjoy and thanks.

Thank-you.

5. seamonster Respectable Member Dec 6, 2012

Respectable Member Privateday7

Once it is with me, I shall get a friend to take pictures of the watch, to share with respectable forum members.

Unfortunately, I am not in favor of wearing a watch with a bracelet, whether it is stainless-steel or solid gold. NATO or leather-band is preferred.

Thank-you.