Forums Latest Members

Facebook and Facebook market place

1. Walrus Aug 29, 2020

So I deleted my FB account a couple years back when the privacy and political BS came to a head. Being the hypocrite I am I kept the handful of stock I have in FB as I look at any company that serves billions of people a relatively decent bet. I bring this up only because it makes me follow the news on FB and I just read an article how Facebook market place has taken over what craigslist once was, the interface is much better and the way it’s set up it cuts down (doesn’t eliminate) the scammers. So now I’m curious, would people recommend Facebook as an avenue for looking for watches? Anyone use it and have good experience with it? Maybe I could have my wife open a FB account if it’s worth it. I haven’t been on Facebook in years I have no clue what’s going on but I see they are busy getting into online retail.

2. Nepomuceño Aug 29, 2020

IMO Facebook marketplace can be a hit or miss. I do agree it seems way safer and less fishy than Craigslist. I've had a Facebook for a while but never used the marketplace until recently when I thought I'd check what people are listing in my area. Lots of crap and stuff that you could get through eBay with less hassle. But I did happen to get lucky when I found a Vulcain Cricket for $300 in my area. Met in person and secured the watch. I'd recommend people take a look because there are sometimes great finds. I'd say open an account and just peruse ever so often.

3. kcgunner Aug 29, 2020

I've used FB marketplace many times over many years. As long as you research a little who you selling to, do it in a public place and be smart about it, it's a good as any place to buy and sell.

4. NGO1 Aug 30, 2020

Generally good experience on FB Marketplace. You can see seller’s ratings and get a glimpse of who seller is, when their account is opened and judge for yourself how likely this stranger will rob you in a Walmart’s parking lot.