Forums Latest Members

Facebook and Facebook market place for watches

1. Walrus Aug 29, 2020

So I deleted my FB account a couple years back when the privacy and political BS came to a head. Being the hypocrite I am I kept the handful of stock I have in FB as I look at any company that serves billions of people a relatively decent bet. I bring this up only because it makes me follow the news on FB and I just read an article how Facebook market place has taken over what craigslist once was, the interface is much better and the way it’s set up it cuts down (doesn’t eliminate) the scammers. So now I’m curious, would people recommend Facebook as an avenue for looking for watches? Anyone use it and have good experience with it? Maybe I could have my wife open a FB account if it’s worth it. I haven’t been on Facebook in years I have no clue what’s going on but I see they are busy getting into online retail.

2. Walrus Aug 29, 2020

My apologies to the mods somehow I created a double post trying to delete one but I’m not having luck

3. Dan S Aug 29, 2020

Good question, I also deleted my FB account a few years ago also. I haven't missed it at all, but I do occasionally notice that people come to the forum and ask questions about a watch they found on FB marketplace. Given the issues with the eBay authentication fiasco, maybe there is an opportunity for another platform. Some people like to use reddit, but I haven't warmed up to the user interface yet.

4. mayankyadav Aug 29, 2020

Facebook doesn't have provision for refund or any kind of security. People advertise and buyer contacts and deal happens face to face.

Walrus likes this.
  5. RonJ Aug 29, 2020

Facebook Marketplace is where I found my Gemini IV Speedmaster Pro watch for sale near me back in July.
    I started a thread here on OF and got opinions on the watch, box, and paperwork before I did a face-to-face purchase.

The transaction turned out okay but you never know with that kind of public offering.

Here is my thread on the watch:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/wha...s-speedy-pro-gemini-iv-watch-for-sale.116895/

Omega-Speedmaster-Pro-Gemini-IV-1.jpg

Dan S and Walrus like this.
  6. janice&fred Aug 29, 2020

I have pulled quite a few watches from the FB marketplace but I must meet in person so I limit my search to within 60 miles.