Forums Latest Members
  1. NineBolts Feb 10, 2019

I recently acquired an Omega 2292 6b/159 and tried to get an Omega Extract of the Archive for it. I had the email back from Omega stating the extract was cancelled due to incomplete information.

I'm wondering if there's anyone in the forum with an Omega wartime 6B/159 that has received an extract? What ref number did you use and has anyone ever got an extract using the case serial rather than the movement.

As you know the online form asks for the movement serial number which was given. I also gave the case serial number as the reference number - which it is not, hoping that Omega would have the two serials to search on.
    In my case (literally) the case serial of 10.3 million might be misinterpreted as a slightly later reference from the 60's. Think of those Speedys that with 103-xxx-xx references.

Perhaps I should re-submit with the reference CK2292 or with the case serial instead of the movement serial.

I've attached a couple of pics. The watch runs and looks beautiful, the movement needs to have a little service and clean there's muck or corrosion on the crown wheel and the replacement crown could be a better fit.

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg

DaveK, bubba48 and ChadillacBroham like this.
  2. Mossback Feb 10, 2019

Have you any idea what the lettering on the back refers to? If only it could talk.
    My uneducated guess the 1250/42 would be; Number 1250 year 1942?
    AM
    GB/159
    1250/42

3. whippetman01 Feb 10, 2019

I managed to get my Extract by just stating the serial number and 30T2 cal and not the case ref as I knew it was recased post war by Denisson 839F1500-0477-4DBE-8153-C0FA9A2AFD9B.jpeg

bubba48 and KingCrouchy like this.
  4. NineBolts Feb 11, 2019

Thanks Whippetman01 that's what I wanted to know, mine may be from a year or two earlier but it shows they do have records. I may try submitting in a little while with just the movement number to see what comes back. I may have scared them off with the case serial number which looks like a later era reference number.

5. NineBolts Feb 11, 2019

In theory and if it's genuine then

AM = Air Ministry (who requisitioned equipment for the RAF prior to the later centralised purchasing and the broad arrow markings)
    6B/159 = the specification issued by the Air Ministry for Navigators centre seconds watch etc etc. The Full spec would have dealt with accuracy, shock protection, case materials and much more.
    1250/42= Serial Number and Year, I guess number 1250 of about 2500-3000 reportedly ordered in that year.

It could have flown or it could have sat in a box for the war years, there's probably no way to get any information if you don't have provenance going back to the original wearer. The extract above for whippet saying his was a pilots watch issued to the british military is a very cool bit of information to add to the watch.