Forums Latest Members
  1. Jpsub Mar 8, 2018

Question to all. I just got off the phone with Omega and my request for an extract came back that it was either lost/unreadable/destroyed or otherwise unavailable. Saying that it feel with in a serial number range that this was the case. This was for a 105.012-66 CB.

Y’all ever see this before? I had read about it for early ones but this late?

Appreciate the feedback

JP

2. Seacow Mar 8, 2018

Yes, this happens very often. Sometime an early service movement will not have extract as well.

3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 9, 2018

With a watch this late, I would say that the Museum is saying that the number belongs in a different reference.

In this case, a 105.012 you could re submit the request with the case reference 105.003

Going by old watchmaker tales, sometimes speedmasters were serviced in batches, and reassembled with out care to ensure the same parts went back into the original watch. (this was circa 1975 when values and attitudes were quite different).

It is entirely possible that the movement comes from a non speedmaster, in which case you have a deliberately assembled watch - rather than from careless watchmaker practices.

In any event, it is unlikely to be an original watch that they cannot find the records for. They issue a blanket excuse covering everything, rather than say your movement number belongs in another reference.

To be clear, there remains a tiny possibility that the record is smudged, the page torn out or in some other way illegible and your watch is original. But it is a far less likely scenario, unless you have other documents (original Guarantee or invoice) to back it up.

Sorry to tell you.

Seacow, Kmart and felsby like this.
  4. kreyke Mar 9, 2018

Sorry to hijack the thread but on a similar topic, I received the same reason when I tried to get an extract for my 105.003-63 with serial number 2052 2xxx. Is this early enough or should I be a little more concerned?

5. Jpsub Mar 9, 2018

My Serial seems to line up 2.544. I called museum but the extract guy is out til Monday. Will let y’all k ow what I find out

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 9, 2018

I've got a -63, 20,521,xxx and it falls into that category of "missing". In my personal guess, i think the range is ~15M to ~20,525,xxx that could fall into this category.

but also, as Spacefruit points out, i've had success in obtaining an Extract by submitting it with different reference numbers until i got a match.

kreyke, Davidt and flame like this.