Extended Wrist Time with NTTD Watch with Bracelet

Well took the dive and got the NTTD Seamaster with the short bracelet. It fits my wrist so much better than the regular bracelet. The watch and bracelet really hug the wrist and are very comfortable. The buckle is thick but the only issue I have had with it so far is the visual. May not fit under the cuff of a dress shirt but this is not my dress watch so I am not concerned. What a great summer watch. Thanks everyone for the help provided over the past weeks!

Well took the dive and got the NTTD Seamaster with the short bracelet. It fits my wrist so much better than the regular bracelet. The watch and bracelet really hug the wrist and are very comfortable. The buckle is thick but the only issue I have had with it so far is the visual. May not fit under the cuff of a dress shirt but this is not my dress watch so I am not concerned. What a great summer watch. Thanks everyone for the help provided over the past weeks!

Congrats @PhotonX!!! The short bracelet looks like a perfect fit for you! 👍
I have no problem with it slipping under my shirt cuffs. It's a great watch, I love mine! 🥰

I initially bought the watch on the standard bracelet back in January, but having read various comments in several threads about the smaller bracelet I'm currently starting to becoming second thoughts whether I should get the smaller bracelet, too. My wrist size is almost exactly 17 cm (6.69"), therefore I can wear the watch on the standard bracelet either pretty tight (2nd hole from the 6 o'clock position) or a little loose (3rd hole from the 6 o'clock position), but either way isn't ideal. So far I tend to wear it a little looser which is definitely more comfortable, even though the watch keeps sometimes sliding along the wrist.

I initially bought the watch on the standard bracelet back in January, but having read various comments in several threads about the smaller bracelet I'm currently starting to becoming second thoughts whether I should get the smaller bracelet, too. My wrist size is almost exactly 17 cm (6.69"), therefore I can wear the watch on the standard bracelet either pretty tight (2nd hole from the 6 o'clock position) or a little loose (3rd hole from the 6 o'clock position), but either way isn't ideal. So far I tend to wear it a little looser which is definitely more comfortable, even though the watch keeps sometimes sliding along the wrist.
For a 17cm wrist, the size of the short bracelet will certainly fit your wrist better, with far less overlap under the clasp.

However, comfort is another question. For some, the short bracelet can provide the same or potentially better comfort, while for others it might be less comfortable. It really depends more on the shape of your wrist. So you should definitely try one on at an OB if possible before buying.

Thank you @Mspeedster. I've contacted my OB of choice today and asked the team to order the shorter bracelet for me to give it a try.
If you have a hot spot where the clasp sits, don’t forget to try it on backwards before writing it off.

While I like the Milanese bracelet, I wanted to try something more flexible with a smaller clasp while maintaining a similar aesthetic.

After trying a few single nato/single pass straps, I’m really liking the fit and color of the Crown & Buckle Greige strap. They have both Nato and single pass.
Edited:

While I like the Milanese bracelet, I wanted to try something more flexible with a smaller clasp while maintaining a similar aesthetic.

After trying a few single nato/single pass straps, I’m really liking the fit and color of the Crown & Buckle Greige strap. They have both Nato and single pass.
Omega do offer a NATO for this watch.

Are the keepers on yours titanium?

Omega do offer a NATO for this watch.

Are the keepers on yours titanium?

Brushed stainless steel. Omega has a somewhat similar color (Grey taupe), but it’s calfskin (and $250 vs $28). The “greige” really compliments the case as well as the dial/bezel.

https://www.crownandbuckle.com/matte-supreme-nato-20mm-greige.html

Supreme does not end with its nylon: the hardware is also a step above. The 316L stainless steel keepers feature machined beveled corners, and a flat profile, giving them a more angular and rugged look. The buckle is finished to a high degree, featuring a CNC machined solid tongue (versus folded flat stock), and is perfectly proportioned: not too large, but not too slim either. All of the hardware features a uniform brushed satin finish. Each strap is carefully assembled by ultrasonically fusing the nylon, and then stitching it together with strong nylon thread.

Looks good! 👍
I like the mesh the best, followed closely by the NTTD NATO, but wearing it with other straps is also a fun and affordable way to change things up.

Looks good! 👍
I like the mesh the best, followed closely by the NTTD NATO, but wearing it with other straps is also a fun and affordable way to change things up.

Thanks.

I agree it’s hard to beat the Milanese, but when I want something a little more svelte or don’t want to snag the clasp, these will definitely work for me.

I think those that have slimmer wrists (i.e. 6.75" and less) may have challenges finding the right balance between fitment and comfort.

I feel the problem (for some) is related to clasp design and the fact that the area of the bracelet with holes doesn't bend too much. The holes limit the sizing, so if one's wrist size falls in between holes it can be either too tight or too loose. The other thing is because the mesh area with the holes doesn't flex as much, the comfort level may also depend on one's wrist shape.

Compare these two pics of the holes side vs. the mesh area with no holes, both bent to their near maximum.

Because the area around the holes doesn't flex as much, it limits how well the bracelet can conform to one's wrist shape. If it happens to conform, you're probably in the camp that feels it's super comfortable. If not, you may have challenges with comfort or may have gaps if wearing looser.

In my case, the small bracelet gave me a much better fit than the standard. The comfort is "ok", but I always envy those who say it's very comfortable. However, I've only had my watch for a little more than a month. If the area of the bracelet with the holes becomes more flexible over time, I think the comfort level will increase.

So I am also curious about what long term owners have to say about whether the bracelet becomes any more flexible over time. Especially for those who didn't feel the bracelet was ultra comfortable from day 1, but perhaps became more comfortable with time.

i’ve got a 7” wrist….which bracelet? I always feel like I am in the middle of bracelet choices. If it helps, I tend to wear my bracelets a little loose. Is it common for ADs to have the smaller bracelet to try? I’d be surprised.
Edited:

That strap looks good, I thought it was metal at first. Thanks for sharing!

That strap looks good, I thought it was metal at first. Thanks for sharing!

That’s the look I was going for. A “metallic” strap that also has a hint of brown to accent the dial/bezel. It’s perfect. I have a few other Crown and Buckle straps and am well pleased with them. Especially for the cost.
Edited:

i’ve got a 7” wrist….which bracelet? I always feel like I am in the middle of bracelet choices. If it helps, I tend to wear my bracelets a little loose. Is it common for ADs to have the smaller bracelet to try? I’d be surprised.
Yeah, you're kinda in between. I'd guess since you like to wear your bracelets looser that the standard will be fine. Most ADs or OBs don't have the short in stock, but can easily order them and it can take less than a week to come in if there's stock in country.

Yeah, you're kinda in between. I'd guess since you like to wear your bracelets looser that the standard will be fine. Most ADs or OBs don't have the short in stock, but can easily order them and it can take less than a week to come in if there's stock in country.

You've hit the problem with the whole optional bracelet. I was at an AD in Boston looking around and they keep one NTTD on the standard bracelet that they won't sell - so customers can try it on. BUT, of course, it is the standard length. Tough for everyone.

Does anyone think omega might come out with a different titanium bracelet with links in the future that would fit this watch?

Does anyone think omega might come out with a different titanium bracelet with links in the future that would fit this watch?
I believe it's extremely unlikely that Omega would make another bracelet specifically for this watch. However, if in the future Omega were to release a new model SMP in titanium, the bracelet might fit the NTTD.

Thanks.

I agree it’s hard to beat the Milanese, but when I want something a little more svelte or don’t want to snag the clasp, these will definitely work for me.
While I wear mine on the Milanese the vast majority of the time, I do like to change things up every so often. I recently got this beige NATO from Cheapest NATO Straps, it has a similar weave to the ones you got from Crown & Buckle. I like this color combo, kind of gives the watch a more military feel to me.
Edited: