Extendable “PUSH” clasp on my Seamaster 300M is broken, and OB says clasps are 10+ months back ordered. Is it safe to wear?

The “PUSH” button on my ref. 210.30.42.20.03.001 bracelet worked great for 2 years. A month ago, it became extremely stiff to operate, but was usable with a little extra effort. Now, it is completely frozen - the button is completely locked and doesn’t push down at all except for a small wiggle on the right side. I can’t find anyone else on the web with this particular clasp issue.

My OB says I need a new clasp, but that they’ve been back ordered for 10+ months and I should just check in monthly with them.

I’m wondering if the clasp is safe to wear? The OB didn’t know, but I don’t know how long I’ll be waiting and figured I’d ask here… tried to get some curved spring bars for a NATO strap I had, but they were all out of those, too. Guess I will throw it on a leather strap in the meantime…

Cheers
Edited:

A month ago, it became extremely stiff to operate, but was usable with a little extra effort. Now, it is completely frozen - the button is completely locked and doesn’t push down at all except for a small wiggle on the right side.
I’m curious if you have tried washing the clasp under hot water with mild detergent to see if that frees anything up?