Forums Latest Members

Experience with these online vendors?

1. RDL Apr 21, 2021

Greetings, new to the forum, seeking some advice. I currently own a Speedmaster triple date (3220.50) but am looking to purchase a Speedy Professional (outgoing 1861 movement), preferably new or in good condition. Has anyone had any experience purchasing watches from StockX, Tradesy, or Rebag? Am I better off just buying from an AD, Jomashop, or trying my luck with Ebay? I am trying to keep things on budget. Thank you.

2. gbesq Apr 21, 2021

You’re better off purchasing from one of the trusted sellers on OF’s watch sales forum. Most have ample references from past buyers. An AD Is another way to go, but it will likely be the most expensive option.

RDL, Nobel Prize and vbrad26 like this.
  3. RDL Apr 21, 2021

Thank you for the insight, I appreciate it.

4. s2000_driver Apr 21, 2021

AD or trusted sellers on this forum or the Rolex forums. They are trusted for a reason. Jomashop usually replaces factory warranty with their own.

5. abgul Apr 21, 2021

If it is your first watch - definitely buy from a more trusted source. You might pay more but the experience and feeling will be much better.

6. timoss Apr 21, 2021

While buying from here is certainly good advice, most on this forum have purchased from many other sources, including the ones you mention. I have bought from all but Tradesy and Rebag on your list, for instance. The important thing to do once you find a piece you like is ask for advice from the OF community BEFORE you purchase, to avoid any heartache down the road.

RDL likes this.
  7. RDL Apr 22, 2021

Right, thank you all for the advice