Forums Latest Members

Experience buying from Precision Watches, Amsterdam?

1. dufus Apr 2, 2018

Hi,

Not sure where to post this so I hope this is the correct part of the forum; apologies if not.

I'm looking at buying a watch which I found via Chrono24, the seller is Jaap at Precision Watches, Amsterdam and I wondered if anyone had any experience of buying from him/them they could please share? I've never bought a watch online before and am seeking some assurance before I go ahead as for me £3k is a lot of money and I want to do as much as I can to make sure its all legit.

Any experience would be gratefully received.

Thanks

2. Jonathan40 Apr 2, 2018

Ring them and speak to them about the watch you are interested in. You can get a feel for the people you are dealing with.
    Have some questions written in advance.
    What is there Chrono feedback live/ confirmed checkouts? When have they been around since?
    Do they have there own website you can dig around.
    If you have any doubts walk away you will find another watch.
    Good luck

3. dufus Apr 2, 2018

Thanks Jonathan. I've had email communication and have asked for further pictures and serial number. They have been a trusted seller on Chrono24 for 10 years and there are 3 reviews (which seems a low number for 10 years?!). Website looks legit (but thats easy to do!) and as far as I can tell they do a lot on the dutch Rolex forum. I'll see what the pics come back like and I think I can also check on the serial number