Forums Latest Members
  1. Seiha Jan 22, 2023

Hi OF!

I own two vintage Omegas and would love to add aftermaket exhibition casebacks to them to be able to enjoy the beauty of the movements whenever possible!

The first one is a Flighmaster ref. 145.036 from approx. 1975, it houses the 911 movement derived from the 861 movement if I'm not mistaken, after reading a bit about casebacks I found out that Thomas Preik sells exhibition ones on https://www.customwatchconcepts.com/, I found two that sound interesting for the flighty:
    The first one is listed compatible with the Mark II that looks to me as having a similar case as the flightmaster so maybe the casebacks would be compatible, the other one would be this one compatible with the 861 movement, the 911 flighty movement being derived from this, I'm guessing it might be worth a try, if anyone can weight in on this it would be greatly appreciated, I don't know much about vintage Omega casebacks and possible compatibility between cases.

My second watch where I would love the movement being displaying is my Seamaster chronograph ref. 14364-2 with the 321 movement from approx. 1962, for this caseback I found this one for vintage 60s on another website often mentioned here on OF. My case ref. doesn't appear in the description but I don't think all the compatible are mentioned.

I'm open for any advice, whether you have tried any of the above casebacks, if you know about which could possibly fit any of my watchse or if I could find others better suited elsewhere, thanks ind avance!

2. SOG53 Jan 22, 2023

I dont think the caseback is specific for the movement- rather the specific case reference I would assume that the maker of the exhibition caseback could tell you based on your case reference- especially with photos - I would not extrapolate i would get confirmation before purchase.

3. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 22, 2023

Ask Thomas. Ask any Seller. They know.

4. Seiha Jan 22, 2023

5. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jan 23, 2023

I don't think the Constellation or Bumper caseback will work as the screwback Seamaster 321s have larger diameter caseback - I have the constellation one and it did not fit from my memory. The caseback also has to clear some of the chronograph components, otherwise it will hit the inside of the caseback. In the end I had one custom made.
    Screenshot_20230123-140554.jpg

Seiha and peatnick like this.
  6. Seiha Jan 23, 2023

Oh my it looks really great, I want one even more now!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input! Would you mind giving me some pointers as to how you got one custom made??