Forums Latest Members

Everest Strap on 2018 Seamaster Diver 300M?

1. UHguy Jan 22, 2019

Greetings,

Curious if anyone has put the Everest rubber strap on the 2018 Seamaster Diver 300? I'm in the process of shopping for rubber straps for mine (probably going to buy the Omega) and had some Amazon credit I could use on the Everest .

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 22, 2019

Lug holes don’t line up.

3. UHguy Jan 22, 2019

Thanks . Thought that might be the case .

4. Mongooseman Jan 23, 2019

The Omega one is worth the price. I've had my watch on it since a few days after purchase on 5th December. Switching to bracelet tonight for a while for a change.

5. Thegreatroberto Jan 23, 2019

How easy did you ( or do you think you'll) find it to change ? Regular spring bar tool, or something more fancy?

Mongooseman likes this.
  6. Mongooseman Jan 23, 2019

It was actually really easy to get the rubber strap off, but quite a bit harder to fit the bracelet. I used a Bergeon 6767F springbar tool, which fits beautifully into the available space.

The difficult part in fitting the bracelet was getting the second side in; I suspect having two 6767F tools (using them almost like chopsticks to squeeze in both sides of the springbar at the same time) would have helped...or a pair of springbar pliers with sufficiently fine tips.

I also had to open the bracelet out to give myself a little more flexion to work with. Another thing that might have helped would be to have actually split the bracelet at a link to make fitting each end easier, then re-joining it once that was done. I don't have the right screwdriver or any Loctite to do that, so I just got on with it. It probably took me 15 minutes as I was being *extremely* careful not to scratch the watch.