Ever hear of an Omega Lavina?

Hello,

I have a vintage Omega that I am very happy with. A friend who works in bullion inspected it and said the model is Lavina! The steel snap on the back does show “Lavina” is tiny letters, but all I’ve found online is that Lavina is a different brand. We took it to an authenticator who claimed it was genuine. I cannot find anything on the model and I’m starting to suspect the wrong back was snapped onto the watch, but the inside of the back is signed Omega. Please help

The answer is simple.
Somebody had a bucket full of old watch parts and made an "Omega" using a Lavina case and a very tired and dirty Omega caliber 30T2 movement.
They even went to the trouble of laser engraving some Omega stuff inside the caseback and creating an "Omega" dial with a terrible Ω symbol.

Commonly known as a Franken.

The answer is simple.
Somebody had a bucket full of old watch parts and made an "Omega" using a Lavina case and a very tired and dirty Omega caliber 30T2 movement.
They even went to the trouble of laser engraving some Omega stuff inside the caseback and creating an "Omega" dial with a terrible Ω symbol.

Commonly known as a Franken.
That’s what I was afraid of. Thank you so much for the comprehensive reply! It was very helpful.

Sometimes it is fun to make franken (or fantasy) watches for one's personal enjoyment. As long as they do not escape into the wild.

Given the ubiquity of fiber lasers, I suspect we are going to see a lot more 'finds' in the near future.