Forums Latest Members

Enough members in Canberra and surrounds for a GTG?

1. arcadelt Aug 19, 2017

I've enviously watched a number of posts about organised (as opposed to impromptu) get togethers in cities around the world and always wondered if there were enough watch collectors and enthusiasts in my part the world to have one too. Does anyone know if there are organised GTGs in Canberra that I might be able to get an invite to, and if not, would there be enough members in Canberra and surrounding districts interested in having one? Because I suspect the numbers are few, I'm casting the net widely by posting similar on all the watch forums and groups I am a member of.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 19, 2017

You can organise one yourself. I have organised a few in countries during holidays.

:thumbsdown: it's me and crocodiles in Darwin (unless I have a G-Shock GTG with the military guys up here)

Met a few members in Nederlands, Denmark and Singapore over the years.

I would keep it small and to here only to start with.
    @dsio will send you a PM if you do with a great plan to make it safe as inviting a heap of strangers to a place where thousands of $$ of watches are can be risky.

GuiltyBoomerang and dsio like this.
  3. arcadelt Aug 19, 2017

Thanks. I had planned to organise one if there wasn't a forum that already exists; and I have been thinking about venues and avenues to keep things safe and secure, although hadn't come to any conclusions yet. First step is to see if there is any interest, and if there is, to work though the organisation.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 19, 2017

Sent you a PM, there are definitely some other Canberrans around so maybe see what the interest level is like. A couple of the Canberrans are in this thread btw: https://omegaforums.net/threads/aussie-connie.55422/

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  5. ACTmike Aug 19, 2017

Definitely interested for a GTG.
    PM sent
    Cheers Michael

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 19, 2017

Malcolm was wearing a vintage Rolex bubbleback recently in question time in place of his usual Apple watch so he might be keen if he's the area, I'm sure he'd enjoy hanging out with actual Australian citizens for a change lol

arcadelt likes this.
  7. ACTmike Aug 19, 2017

Sorted at the Lodge it is.

8. arcadelt Aug 25, 2017

Surprisingly have had very little interest (just one other), so giving this a Saturday morning bump.