Enicar Ultrasonic $75 usd

Posts
4,855
Likes
12,279
A descent little Enicar automatic dress watch, head only, $75 shipped in the CONUS. The watch is running reasonably well at +30 spd. It could be regulated, but would benefit from a service. I have taken many pictures to highlight any flaws. The chrome case is in good condition. The steal back has an inscription and some marks from a botched attempt to open it.

 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
I do not need another watch, I do not need another watch, I do not need another watch...
 
Posts
1,135
Likes
6,056
I do not need another watch, I do not need another watch, I do not need another watch...
But would you LIKE another watch? Slightly different to anything you currently have 😀
 
Posts
9,254
Likes
77,073
Looks like a bargain. 34mm diameter?
 
Posts
4,855
Likes
12,279
Looks like a bargain. 34mm diameter?

On my cheap standard only calipers it measures a hair over 1 5/16" which puts it at about 34mm. I am comfortable saying it is between 33.5 and 34.5 mm. The lug width is 18mm.

Also, in case anyone asks the green under my thumbnail is from painting my daughters desk chair and not the watch.
 
Posts
24,801
Likes
55,084
You can tell that W.S.B., the sheet metal worker, was proud of his retirement watch, and didn't wear it much. 👍
 
Posts
13,927
Likes
54,134
This really is great. It checks a lot of the vintage boxes.
 
Posts
4,855
Likes
12,279
The Enicar logo is worth $75 by itself.

The logo is super cool, and I love the fact that Enicar is the company's founder's last name Ariste Racine spelled backwards.

I know somebody has a New Year's resolution to buy more watches, right?

Happy New Year everyone!
 
Posts
2,994
Likes
4,750
The logo is super cool, and I love the fact that Enicar is the company's founder's last name Ariste Racine spelled backwards.

I know somebody has a New Year's resolution to buy more watches, right?

Happy New Year everyone!
I have a dial. I need a movement that fits. None of the AS movements align with the dial feet. I love this dial. Case however is a bit small for it.