Forums Latest Members

Enicar Sherpa Graph vs Super Graph

1. x3no Jul 19, 2015

I've been researching Enicar and its fascinating history recently but have been stumped by the differences of two of the Sherpa models--the Aqua Graph and Super Graph. The other which is the Sherpa Graph, is widely chased after these days and the one everyone knows about if you're in the vintage chrono hunting department. It holds the widely coveted Valjoux 72 movement, making it a very nice vintage piece to obtain.
    2015-05-27 Sherpagraph-1.jpeg

Then there's the Sherpa Super Graph and Aqua Graph. I've seen pictures of these and there are several aesthetic differences, however I'm not sure what else otherwise. The Super Graph has what looks to be a rotating divers bezel with red arrow indicator and with a flat black dial and no tachy on the outside. The Aqua Graph seems to have almost the exact same setup. Noted* the bezels are a tiny bit different.

Credit: All pictures below, were posted by and belong to @dogen from WUS Forums.
    enicar-supergraph-38mm.jpg

enicar_super_graph.jpg

enicar_super_graph_caseback.jpg

enicar_super_graph_with_graph.jpg

So, besides not knowing much else about the Super Graph, does anyone have any history on it? There's also an "Aqua Graph" which, to my knowledge, is more widely known about. This seems to carry the same aesthetics as the Super Graph as in it was likely Enicar's "diver chrono" for that era? So why did they need a Super graph AND an Aqua Graph model, if they performed the same duties. My guess is I'm missing something about the Super Graph and I'm hoping to uncover it here for others to learn as well.

enicar-aquagraph-38mm.jpg

Caveat, my knowledge is VERY limited on this brand and I'm only shouting out what I see, in hopes that real Enicar gurus will follow up with their thoughts on the comparison of these two/three pieces, and perhaps pictures if they own them.

Brandon

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 19, 2015

3. nicolas07 Jul 19, 2015

Thanks for starting this thread, quite new in this brand too but very interested to know more...

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 19, 2015

some info...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Jul 19, 2015
    x3no, khmt2, Mick Tock and 1 other person like this.
  5. Fer Seamaster Jul 20, 2015

I did not knew anything on the aquagraph... It is a quite handsome watch. In contrast, I think it is much more famous the Sherpa Graph due to its link with Jim Clark and the subsequent racing heritage:

[​IMG]

6. x3no Jul 20, 2015

@Tony C. Thanks for sharing this it is very informative!!

It seems the aqua graph was the go-to diver for the Sherpa line, but the Super Graph had a distinctly different bezel used more for timing events or countdowns, etc. It's interesting to me that each of the watches had a bezel and also were waterproof. That must have been a higher priority for all of the Sherpa line.. does anyone know if the Sherpa Graph is water proof too?

I recently was lucky enough to stumble upon a Sherpa Graph myself, and should be receiving it tomorrow. I'll post pics here, but I imagine now I'll want to collect the rest of these just because of the story and history behind them. Plus they're damn cool tool watches!!

nicolas07 likes this.
  7. ping pong patina Jul 20, 2015

Nice Thread... I recently acquired a Sherpa Graph... However the crown might be a replacement..... wonder any friends out there could spare me a crown with the Saturn? I would gladly buy it from any kind soul out there...

IMG_2200.JPG IMG_2201.JPG IMG_2202.JPG IMG_2204.JPG image5 (1).JPG

Thank you so much =)

Attached are the photos of my SG and the right crown...

My email is [email protected]

8. x3no Jul 22, 2015

I will keep my eyes open for you @ping pong patina ! I actually received my Sherpa Graph a few days ago.. Here's a few pics of my latest:

IMG_0383.JPG IMG_0384.JPG IMG_0387.JPG IMG_0388.JPG

9. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jul 22, 2015

10. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jul 22, 2015

30 meters

11. ping pong patina Jul 22, 2015

Thank you so much friends for looking out for the crown =) ... nice example x3no on the sherpa graph

12. x3no Jul 23, 2015

Thx @jordn

Does anyone else have any more info on the Enicar Graphs before this thread slips into the darkness.. ?

13. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 23, 2015

14. nicolas07 Jul 23, 2015

Those are very nice watches!
    Thanks for sharing! I am trying to find one too...
    If anyone has something he wants to let go please PM :)

Edited Jul 23, 2015
  15. x3no Aug 2, 2015

As a quick follow on, does anyone know how to get the caseback off of these? I'm thinking it is a screw down case but I'm not 100% sure.

16. rollingrevolver Aug 10, 2015

17. x3no Aug 10, 2015