Forums Latest Members

Engraving on the back of Speedy Tuesday

1. Snoopsta Sep 3, 2017

Hello All

Some of you may know I recently purchased a Speedy Tuesday. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to reserve one earlier this year :(

However I purchased one of someone on Chrono24. Loved the look of the watch and especially the reverse panda dial.

While researching about the watch I read that the back is supposed to align up perfectly so that the wording and logo are dead center . See picture attached. However mine also attached isnt as perfect.

Are yours all perfect or slightly off center?
    I have attached a pic of one perfect, and one off center.

Thanks

Screenshot_20170903-205628.png omega-speedmaster-professional-speedy-tuesday-31132423001001-caseback.jpg
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 3, 2017

This was discussed recently in one of the #ST threads. The case backs don't line up. The one I picked up today is not fully aligned.

I will never notice or care, to be frank. I would rather it be properly torqued against the gasket.

Kmart, Jwit and Snoopsta like this.
  3. Snoopsta Sep 3, 2017

4. Snoopsta Sep 3, 2017

Thanks BlackTalon. Got a little worried I may of picked up a fake. Phew!!!!

BlackTalon likes this.
  5. abrod520 Sep 3, 2017

Yeah, the truth is there's really no way to ensure alignment of the caseback AND waterproofness with a traditional screw-on caseback. I think the launch article got ahead of themselves a little bit.

Funny though, the caseback on mine is aligned almost exactly like yours :)

IMG_2683.JPG

Riviera Paradise and Snoopsta like this.