Forums Latest Members

EMS shipping...anyone else had a bad experience?

1. smitty190373 Feb 23, 2017

I bought 2 watches last month that were shipped from Indonesia to the UK on the 24th Jan by EMS. The service was tracked but so far the only update they can offer is "Dispatched to the UK: 25/1/17". The seller is unable to get another update from EMS. An enquiry was opened a few weeks ago, but EMS have yet to update any status, or be of any help.

Has anyone had a similar experience with EMS to the UK? I'm assuming the watches are now lost, and each day that passes it seems more unlikely they will appear. I still hope i'm wrong.

Just to be clear i do not hold the seller responsible....but the service EMS have provided is pretty ::censored::::censored::!

Thanks.

jblau likes this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 23, 2017

I don't live in the UK, but have had consistently excellent results shipping internationally with EMS, over many years, and especially to and from the Far East.

jblau, efauser and smitty190373 like this.
  3. Omegist Feb 23, 2017

Oh no!!

Unfortunately I made a similar experience with EMS in the past....but it happened only once in ten years ;the sending was send from Malaysia..it has never shown up again

In such a case you can only hope that the sender insured it adequately...or you payed with PP and get your bucks back

jblau and smitty190373 like this.
  4. smitty190373 Feb 23, 2017

Hi @Tony C.

Well that's good to know. I am still hoping to see them pop up somewhere. But after a month and no help from EMS i'm losing faith in ever seeing them!

jblau likes this.
  5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 23, 2017

Sadly, this can happen to every carrier on occasion, even the likes of FedEx.

Hopefully, in this case, you will get lucky and receive the parcel, albeit belatedly.

jblau likes this.
  6. smitty190373 Feb 23, 2017

Thanks Tony.. hopefully they will arrive. This is the 1st issue i've had...and i've not found EMS very helpful.

jblau likes this.
  7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 23, 2017

Well, there's no excuse for poor customer service, so that is disappointing.

jblau, pascs and smitty190373 like this.
  8. Omegist Feb 23, 2017

Its always the same with them.

The problem with EMS is that at the end the universal postal union (upu) member in the origin country is primarily in charge of the investigation.
    Therefore the recipients countries organization/company, in the case of the UK its parcel force = royal mail, has basically no influence on that.

As we have experienced is the customer service of every singe upu member (usps, royal mail, etc..) ridiculous.
    in most cases these companies have been state owned enterprises in the past..in some countries they are still
    but their monopoles are getting weakened thus they should start caring more about customer satisfaction as well.

I already gave up on them in terms of service quality.

Edited Feb 23, 2017
    jblau likes this.
  9. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Feb 23, 2017

I dont think there is a need to worry mate!....i had several issue with tracking where the tracking was stuck on 1 transaction, and then i received a call to pick up my parcel. Even after the pick up, the tracking shows : still in transit :)

jblau likes this.
  10. smitty190373 Feb 23, 2017

That's exactly the case. Parcel Force are the connecting UK courier and they cannot do anything until they are contacted by EMS.

Maybe i need to give it more time but i've not experienced this before.

Hopefully when it arrives in 4-6 weeks time i'll be happy to put it down to experience.

Appreciate the input guys .. thanks.

jblau likes this.
  11. smitty190373 Feb 23, 2017

Thanks @Omeg@007 . I hope youre right.

jblau likes this.
  12. Kmart Feb 23, 2017

Not based in the UK but I had a similar experience receiving a watch sent from Poland --> US (bought here on OF). The USPS tracking just said "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" for around 5 weeks. No other info and no changes for weeks on end. I was pretty worried at that point until one day it finally updated that it was processed through NY here in the states. I spoke with the seller on the phone and apparently Poland just stopped sending packages to the US for a while. Who knows why. The mysteries of international shipping...

The watch was completely fine when I got it by the way so don't worry about that too much. It does hurt to wait that long though. :thumbsdown:

smitty190373 likes this.
  13. smitty190373 Feb 23, 2017

Thanks, I feel a bit happier after hearing a few similar stories !

jblau likes this.
  14. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 23, 2017

Are Parcel Force definitely the connecting courier ? The reason I ask is that it appears that Parcel Force has lost quite a few contracts lately.
    A perhaps not well known tracker that has pulled up information for me in the past that others have failed to do - http://www.trackitonline.ru/

jblau likes this.
  15. Omegist Feb 23, 2017

yes they are
    parcel force = royal mail

jblau likes this.
  16. Omegist Feb 23, 2017

http://www.ems.post/members-ems-cooperative

EMS is not an independent company - its a service offered by all universal postal union members which agreed on an "express mail service" thats supposed to make international & local shippings faster and easier

Edited Feb 23, 2017
  17. smitty190373 Feb 23, 2017

That site doesn't work when I put in the tracking no.

18. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 23, 2017

Strange, always worked for me over several years.

19. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Feb 23, 2017

My package took a month and half to come. It was showing up still in the system that it was in Germany. I thought it was lost. Then the next day it was in my mailbox. Sometimes the systems mess up. Hopefully same case for you.

smitty190373 likes this.
  20. ncstate1201 Feb 23, 2017

I had an issue on EMS from Hungary around the first of the year and it turned out the postal workers were on strike...I felt lucky to ever receive that late package

smitty190373 likes this.