Forums Latest Members
  1. Sidnos Aug 1, 2019

Kiddos.jpg Hi all,

I've only just joined and this is my second ever thread both here in OF and in fact anywhere on "the online" ;) so please forgive any errors.

I'm hoping this is the correct place to post this; please shout if not.

Fingers crossed I've managed to post the pic of a watch my friend has, apparently 18k gold but cant find much on the Elix make online so thought Id ask the vast knowledge pool of OF.

He was given it and its a sentimental piece to him so not really fussed about value (though good to know just to be sensible, I suspect the not valuable). If anyone has the time and can shed anything on it both he and I will be very grateful indeed.

All the best,

James

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 1, 2019

3. Sidnos Aug 1, 2019

well that's annoying! For some reason when I searched on my phone last night that didn't come up! I cant open the PDF for some reason but fortunately my friend is French so he can make better sense of it!

Interesting start and at least some information.

Thanks again

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 1, 2019

You're not seeing this?

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 6.36.17 PM.png

5. Sidnos Aug 1, 2019

I am, not the PDF mentioned in the article...

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 1, 2019

OK, gotcha.

With thanks to Large Vintage Watches

Translated by Google Translate
    Mougin, Piquard, Elix
    Watch designers since 1852
    Among the oldest manufacturers of complete watches, at Franche-Comté, if must mention the
    house Mougin Piquard Elix, founded in 1852, when it began producing in Besancon, watches of
    the brand Elix.
    In 1927, two dynamic Bisontins, Ernest and Paul Mougin Piquard made the acquisition of the
    firm. They initially pursued the manufacture of watches Elix and adopted the brand Mougin
    Piquard meet their own names.
    They have faithfully maintained Elix tradition was that of manufacturing to the old, neat and
    personalized.
    The son of two associates have since taken their succession, in the same spirit. The company,
    first established at 2, rue de Belfort, Besancon, finding themselves cramped, they transferred
    him in 1975 in a modern building in the same city, 1, rue des Cras, which the view extends to
    the loop of the Doubs and the citadel.
    Production quadrupled in 10 years
    30,000 watches in 1968, production had already reached 110,000 in 1979, with a turnover of
    CHF 20 million in 1980. The number of representatives browsing France to exclusively visit
    HBJO, going at the same time, 4-10.
    Since 1975, an office was opened in Paris in the Marais, 24, rue Pastourelle.
    This strong increase was due to the combination of three young industrialists Jean-François
    Piquard, President and CEO, Jean-Claude Mougin, CEO, and Philippe Piquard, commercial
    director who travel throughout the country to visit clients , learn about the needs and trends.
    The firm, which employs forty people, publishes an annual catalog in early September,
    participates in two Bijorhca and the Basel Fair. She was able to take time turning the analogue
    quartz and has always held to be among the first manufacturers using the all new templates,
    so that Swiss French.
    Caring style she created, in turn, watches Belle Epoque, skeleton watches, and its crown jewel,
    the bi-color watch, become a real classic. Adapting to all occupations in the city version sports
    or night, this watch, leather strap, strongly contributed to the current prestige of this house.

7. Sidnos Aug 1, 2019

Amazing, thank you Jim, that's very kind!

James

8. Sidnos Aug 1, 2019

and a more interesting story/brand than I was expecting ;)

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 1, 2019

You caught me in a benevolent mood ;).

Hang around and pay it forward sometime.

I agree, and I find some of the "obscure" brands have histories just as interesting as the big players.

DaveK and Sidnos like this.
  10. Vitezi Aug 1, 2019

Zdzislaw, DaveK and Sidnos like this.
  11. Sidnos Aug 1, 2019

Thanks chaps, am starting to be intrigued by it. Personally, I love the lugs on it too