Electronic Omega warranties Starting 1st of January

Posts
1,872
Likes
2,154
Sharing a small piece of info: Perhaps not very surprising, but starting from the 1st of January 2021, Omega will start using electronically activated warranties.
 
Posts
4,865
Likes
24,758
latest
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
I think it’s odder they haven’t started already.
 
Posts
830
Likes
1,439
It was just a matter of time as Omega shifts more to direct sales.
 
Posts
984
Likes
1,123
Sharing a small piece of info: Perhaps not very surprising, but starting from the 1st of January 2021, Omega will start using electronically activated warranties.

How does this work?
 
Posts
2,698
Likes
3,017
How does this work?
AD's activate warranty upon time of sale through a log in instead of stamping a warranty card with a date.
 
Posts
986
Likes
3,013
That's kind of cool.
Could you tell us is Omega model closer to Tag model or Breitling model?. I would prefer Tag where we, customers, can check it online.
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
That's kind of cool.
Could you tell us is Omega model closer to Tag model or Breitling model?. I would prefer Tag where we, customers, can check it online.
Who knows. Depends on how they implement it.
 
Posts
4,106
Likes
16,320
Hopefully they will be done with restoring their backups by then ::rimshot::
 
Posts
7,774
Likes
14,366
The Breitling system is pretty cool, you get a 5mm thick LCD electronic warranty 'card' that has the Ref number, COSC number, serial number, place and date of purchase imprinted on the LCD display at time of purchase which also sends that data to Breitling HQ. So if you don't have the card with you, or have lost it, a Breitling dealer can retrieve the information upon presentation of the watch for warranty repair.
 
Posts
1,872
Likes
2,154
The Breitling system is pretty cool, you get a 5mm thick LCD electronic warranty 'card' that has the Ref number, COSC number, serial number, place and date of purchase imprinted on the LCD display at time of purchase which also sends that data to Breitling HQ. So if you don't have the card with you, or have lost it, a Breitling dealer can retrieve the information upon presentation of the watch for warranty repair.

Yes indeed, but actually, the LCD screens are no more. Breitling now uses a regular warranty card.😀
 
Posts
5,103
Likes
15,802
I am surprised they are not jumping on the blockchain bandwagon already ... or maybe that’s what this signifies ...
 
Posts
531
Likes
1,183
with the hacking that was reported with swatch recently, would there be an issue?
 
Posts
136
Likes
556
Bought a new omega from an AD in August and I think they were already on the new electronic warranty system. Remember the AD telling me that they had to log everything in a new system, but that it kept on crashing.
 
Posts
5,278
Likes
4,826
Yes indeed, but actually, the LCD screens are no more. Breitling now uses a regular warranty card.😀

Yeah they were proper shit. If anything touched them they just burst!
 
Posts
387
Likes
275
Interesting... I am probably going to buy an Omega next year (around Easter fingers crossed) after things get a bit better in my life so I will keep my eye peeled for their new process.

Also surprised that they haven't done this already.
 
Posts
4,718
Likes
17,862
You have been able to register watches / set up an account online for a while with Omega. But I suspect they don't cross reference yet and more than one person can register the same watch serial number. Also you are unable to register anything vintage which is a shame. Going fully digital does make sense.
.
 
Posts
238
Likes
750
You have been able to register watches / set up an account online for a while with Omega. But I suspect they don't cross reference yet and more than one person can register the same watch serial number. Also you are unable to register anything vintage which is a shame. Going fully digital does make sense.
.
You own all of them? Damn.

I am very jealous of you.
 
Posts
1,582
Likes
2,016
Not only the backup’s, also the service delay 😀))) got my OBfor a watch deposited 1 month ago they announce now until February , what a lag , maybe they are doing all the paperwork manually :-(((( and they have to retrieve the parts by hand also .
 
Posts
4,718
Likes
17,862
You own all of them? Damn.

I am very jealous of you.

If you have to be anything it would be envious but I would not be. I don't own all of them now which is why I suspect the site does not link anything. I imagine one of the new owners would have set up an account. We all have our own ambitions with collecting ...and service + storage are a great leveller for most of us :0)