Forums Latest Members
  1. phil.kz Nov 27, 2018

Hey, I notice a few decent quality Omega Vintage watches on ebay, but from South Korea. They're vintage, but they look like they're in spotless condition. You hear that there are a lot of fakes in Asia, but even vintage? Was wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

Screenshot_20181127-143242.png
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 27, 2018

Not fakes...

Looks like vividlilly got a new background though.

Lots of high quality colorful redials from Korea usually with refinished cases. Almost always offered by vividlilly or one of their 6 known aliases. Traditionally with a light brown dark spotted marble background.

3. wsfarrell Nov 27, 2018

vividlily has a store in Beverly Hills, and ships from there. South Korea watches on eBay ship from........South Korea. What's the evidence of a connection between vividlily and South Korea sellers?

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Nov 27, 2018

SK is known for producing exceptionally good Seiko/Citizen redials. Presumably they also produce some fine Swiss versions, as well.

connieseamaster likes this.
  5. Rochete Nov 27, 2018

They are all extremely over-produced watches, highly refinished in all their entireties: dials, cases, bracelets, photos... you name it. The faster you run from them the better, except if you just want a pretty watch to wear.

connieseamaster likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 27, 2018

Because the same backgrounds and same watches appears with both origins. Some of the vividlilly alternate names have the same background and state Korea.

Gmtsky, vividlilly, daddyswatches, IVWC, and others are all the same as well as others. They know they have a bad rap and constantly create new URL’s so they don’t appear in searches. Yup new backgrounds are being played with now.

Edited Nov 27, 2018
    ext1 likes this.
  7. Edward53 Nov 28, 2018

If you think that looks like a nice watch, you probably aren't ready to buy a vintage Omega yet. Keep reading!

marco, gdupree and inchpincher like this.
  8. phil.kz Nov 29, 2018

Lol, thanks Edward.. I just meant it looks nice (condition wise). Not that it's an actual vintage. Been doing my research, but yeah I'm probably still not ready. Just wanted to know what the story was with those South Korean dealers. Looking forward to my first vintage :)

9. Edward53 Nov 30, 2018

Good hunting! :thumbsup::thumbsup: