Forums Latest Members
  1. ainterian Mar 18, 2014

Maybe we should have a sticky for this type of post.

I wanted to warn the members of this forum who may be bidding on this watch:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OME...678365951?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item5d4a4aaaffPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Everything looks kosher except one number is off, "5" should be a "4" or a "1", as in this 168.005 connie has got a 565 movement in it.

Just thought I'd issue a PSA.

2. ainterian Mar 18, 2014

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 18, 2014

Perhaps you could explain why, as the folks who would bid on this would not know why they should not. Some things obvious to the experts are not so clear to the newbies thinking of bidding.

ainterian likes this.
  4. ainterian Mar 18, 2014

^^Good point:

The 565 movement is not a chronometer grade movement, and thus would not be included in a chronometer grade watch, such as the Constellation. Looking at the omega vintage database, we can see that the 168.005 came with either a 561 or 564 movement, both chronometer grade.

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-omegas/vintage-watches-database?ref=14553

Very few Seamaster models of this era included chronometer grade movements, and if one looks up the reference number 166.0010 (need to add the extra zero in the database for some reason), we can see that this case came with a 565 non-chronometer movement, while the aforementioned watch includes a 561 chronometer movement.

Perhaps one could buy both, switch the movements and live happily ever after? This would put the proper movement in each case :)

ulackfocus, Tritium and Time Exposure like this.
  5. ulackfocus Mar 18, 2014

…. and restore balance to The Force.

ainterian likes this.
  6. ainterian Mar 18, 2014

Ah yesss... I am sure there is an Omejedi Master on the forum who would be willing to do such a feat.... oh wait, no! The Seamaster is missing a second hand! The dark side prevails!!!!